sedgewick ta315 in domestic garage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navypaul

Established Member
Reaction score
hi

Im looking for a decent table saw as my axminster AW10 saw turns out to be rubbish and have seen a few TA315s for sale. Is it possible to run them on domestic electric, its in my garage which is rigged for 16A or would it require more current than domestics can supply?

Has anyone done it or could give advice

regards

I have a TA 315 running on a dedicated 16amp supply. I have a C type breaker as the B type would trip. Great little saws

I looked at one of these a while ago when I was thinking of replacing my SIP 01332 but was put off by the specs on the Segewick website which suggested to me that it wouldn't run off the 16amp supply I currently use. Seems I was wrong or it might be a different machine?
I've just checked again http://sedgwick-machinery.co.uk/?page_id=159 and they are as follows:

Attachments

• Publication1.jpg
    Publication1.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,388
Lons":g3psidj2 said:
I looked at one of these a while ago when I was thinking of replacing my SIP 01332 but was put off by the specs on the Segewick website which suggested to me that it wouldn't run off the 16amp supply I currently use. Seems I was wrong or it might be a different machine?
I've just checked again http://sedgwick-machinery.co.uk/?page_id=159 and they are as follows:

yeah i saw this too, was a bit put off by the 70A start up that could fry the 2.5 mm cable i already have but others have the same set up and it seems to work. i have emailed axy to get their input

Induction motors such as these will all take a high current for a brief period when starting - often as much as 6 to 8 times full load current. You'd probably be surprised at the starting current of smaller induction motors if you could neasure them fast enough, but it is not usually a problem as long as the wires and protection devices are adequately sized. I would stick to their suggestion of 4.0mm2 cable if it were me.

Duncan

Back