Second hand tool suppliers in Shropshire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy75

Established Member
Reaction score
After my failed attempt at buying a pillar drill new from Axminster I would like to go down the route of getting an old Meddings or Fobco style drill.

Im checking eBay but I was wondering if anyone knew of any dealers of second hand tools in or very near Shropshire that I could also keep an eye on?

skippy75":27inhruv said:
After my failed attempt at buying a pillar drill new from Axminster I would like to go down the route of getting an old Meddings or Fobco style drill.

Im checking eBay but I was wondering if anyone knew of any dealers of second hand tools in or very near Shropshire that I could also keep an eye on?

Certainly can't think of any, but it is 50 years since I sadly left your wonderful county.

Would guess your best bet is to scour the Shropshire Star small ads or try your luck around any local auctions such as Pughs down at Ledbury.

dickm":1u6ezf49 said:
skippy75":1u6ezf49 said:

Certainly can't think of any, but it is 50 years since I sadly left your wonderful county.

Would guess your best bet is to scour the Shropshire Star small ads or try your luck around any local auctions such as Pughs down at Ledbury.

I couldn't find anything on google but I was just hoping there might be a gem tucked away in an industrial estate somewhere. Ye I'm checking the ads and places like gumtree. We seem to have a lot of agricultural tool suppliers but no engineering places. I suppose that reflects what goes on in the county! Thanks for the help.

skippy75":2yyogb5n said:

I would have thought your best bet would be to look at Birmingham, though a quick google doesn't show up anything obvious there.

Random Orbital Bob":2fmmosyj said:
out of interest, what caused you to fail to buy one from Axy?

It was a Jet JDP-15 I bought from Axminster but the vibration from the motor was awful, they replaced it once but when the second machine was the same I just returned it for a refund. Their own drills are no doubt much better but that Jet model is unfit for purpose in my opinion.

Its made me nervous about what to try next, thats why I thought maybe the second hand british drill route might be the better one.

I live in Shrewsbury and can't think of any where that sells second hand equipment. However two places worth remembering for other items are Abbey Hardware and Welfix.

deserter":85p6kgpj said:
I live in Shrewsbury and can't think of any where that sells second hand equipment. However two places worth remembering for other items are Abbey Hardware and Welfix.

My mum lives just around the corner from Abbey Hardware, I love popping in there for a reminder of how hardware shops used to be before the rise of B&Q.

Ebay member woodnducks44 Colin Evans hoursmans green Wrexham rd. sy13 3bz 019480830593 has all sorts of machinery from time to time

Charles Thingy up in Bristol Design has (obviously) a plethora of hand tools, but the last time I called in (son lives in Bath) he had a couple of items that suggested to me he MIGHT have access to the second hand power tools market. What say you ring and explain your query, see if he has a contact or would look out for you?

Sam

Latest posts

Back