Scrollsaw Challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni Burghout

Reaction score
Some of the scrollers here who frequent the other forums may have already seen this but I want to make the invite offical for others here who may not have.

Sue Chrestensen and I (Chrestensen Burghout Designs) have in the past offered patterns as "challenges" to scrollers. Some might recall our first one - the Mentora Dragon Challenge. These challenges are a fun way to play together regardless of our geographic locations.

The pattern is offered (until December 30, 2007) to those who take up the challenge. You may choose to complete the pattern in any scrolling style you wish. We then ask that the challengers submit a photo to Chrestensen Burghout Designs and we post them along with all the others on the site. This gives us all an opportunity to see how others would complete the same project, and a chance to share in a "group project". In the past, Chrestensen Burghout Designs scrollsaw challenges have been featured in Scrollsaw Woodworking and Crafts magazine as well.

Whether you are a beginner or have been scrolling for some time, all are welcome to join in this challenge. I believe the previous challenges are still on the site for anyone who is interested in seeing the results.

This challenge is titled "A New Day" and is what some might consider an abstract. There is no wrong way to complete this project! :D The design will challenge your scrolling techniques and offer you a chance to open up creatively.

Anyone interested in participating in "A New Day" Challenge should email us, [email protected], or [email protected]. The pattern will be emailed to you for the beginning of the new year, with the challenge ending March 15, 2008.

Take care
Toni

Latest posts

Back