Scribing Tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dance

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thoughts on what's the best scribing tool to buy?

Looking at

* Profiler+
* EasyScribe
* Trend E/SCRIBE

Thanks

(couldn't get a
  • to work but BBCode is on...)

Pencil and washer, block of wood, school compass, there are loads of ways with out buying something expensive.

Pete

As Pete has already mentioned, long pointed school compass. You'll struggle finding anything better for the money [WINKING FACE]

Coley

come on boys, who are we to stop him wanting to spend his money.

note: also somebody who uses a compass, occasionally with a little follower (also known as a washer on the pin)

novocaine":3ivwahff said:
come on boys, who are we to stop him wanting to spend his money.
People with his best interests at heart? :D

Yep, one of these. Nice long point for accurate scribing of skirtings etc, and note the angled head so you can scribe even a couple of mm off
20161108_140359-800x450.jpg

Attachments

• 20161108_140359-800x450.jpg
    20161108_140359-800x450.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 219
Thanks to all, even you, novocaine! I am not wanting to throw money at this if a simple compass can't be beaten.

Thanks.

just messing about Dance. I see where you are from, it's hard to get a yorkshire man to part with his hard earned. (born in Beverley, tight no matter where I live)

If you have a small Jacobs style chuck, then try chucking a needle into it. Needles are very cheap. You can cut them in half to allow them to protrude 6mm or so to maintain stiffness.

If you happen to a have a pin vice that closes to zero, then that is an even better option.

Latest posts

Back