Scribing tips please (success!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done and hope the career change goes well.

So what company is it? Sharps or someone else?

That manual looks interesting. Not sure why it's so big when all that type of bedroom stuff is just flat pack.

As for scribing. The first reply saying use a compass is probably the best way.

Good luck

Is it Sharps bedrooms by any chance?
I worked with them and everyone there uses a jig saw with a slight inward bevel angle and downward cutting blades(because its a finished surface).

Mr Yorke,
If its sharps the manuals so big because it gives every possible detail for each product in every situation.
Its actually a great manual, I still have mines for reference

custard":26tykt7i said:
Woodmonkey":26tykt7i said:
Got the job!

Congratulations!

What did you cover during the week's training?

They do two main styles of wardrobe, the standard door type and the sliding door type, all the different designs they do are basically a version of one of these so we put together one of each and covered in theory a lot of different variations. It's a steep learning curve one you get on the job, there is a lot of product knowledge to learn.

Fitted work is a fantastic suite of knowledge to have under your belt. I turn down quite a lot of work because the "fitted" component is too high, and I'm just not confident enough about my speed and skills when it comes to installation. I'm sure there's a market gap for quality bespoke furniture with a fitted element and I wish I could find a way to improve my skills in this area.

The photo of the job you completed looks very tidy. So, once again, congratulations and I'm sure you'll look back on this as a springboard to a bright future!

Latest posts

Back