Screwfix Live 2016

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbo614

Established Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else go along? It was quite busy this morning.
I escaped without emptying my bank or filling the credit card!
Although I did lie to the wife about not spending any money :)

Even though it is right on my doorstep I have never really thought about going, do they have more there than the items that are available at Screwfix anyway? Or is it the same items but with 10% off and a free gift?

Terry.

I went Saturday and Sunday, the reason being that as I exited on the Saturday, it appeared they had run out of free gifts so they compensated by giving me a voucher for £30 off!

I went back on the Sunday and got a Bosch drill for £50

My youngest had a great day on both days mind, much cheaper than a trip to Legoland

Wizard9999":2sjau93q said:
Even though it is right on my doorstep I have never really thought about going, do they have more there than the items that are available at Screwfix anyway? Or is it the same items but with 10% off and a free gift?

Terry.

Exactly the same as in the stores Terry. My only reason for going was you get to talk to the companies behind the catalogue entries as I'm interested in possible replacements for some of my downlighters. I wanted to see if the tek has moved on since I built my house 9 years ago.

I also wanted specifically to buy a Makita site radio for outdoor use as I'm up a ladder this week dealing with facia boards and errant guttering. It's compatible with my family of batteries and was going cheap. I've also (as a consequence of talking to Floplast) bought a few packs of their gutter guards to stop the perennial problem of leaves clogging my gutters in the coming weeks.

I would have called you but I've been before and it was truly rubbish...just mounds of catalogues everywhere with PR tarts trying to give you a catalogue every 10 seconds...it was truly mind blowingly tedious and their marketing management should be seriously taken to task. In fact, I rather suspect he may have been because I filled out the feedback form and really let rip at the useless waste of time that strategy offered. This year, as if by magic, no dolly birds and no huge mountains of catalogues, just exhibitors and the odd bargain. Far more pleasant if you know what you've gone their for. I was home by 11:30

I went Friday all I bought was an 8.99 combination square lol.

If anyone else needs a makita dab radio just a little heads up for you , open a Benchmarx kitchens account and you can buy 1 radio for £30 Inc vat. They're normally around £115

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

chippy1970":2p69i9sl said:

If anyone else needs a makita dab radio just a little heads up for you , open a Benchmarx kitchens account and you can buy 1 radio for £30 Inc vat. They're normally around £115

How'd you get that deal - didn't see anything on the benchmarx site?

mbartlett99":1255jdcb said:
chippy1970":1255jdcb said:

How'd you get that deal - didn't see anything on the benchmarx site?
It's not on their website just go in and ask. It maybe a local thing my branch are doing but I'm guessing it's national.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

If they're selling them at £30, they must be still making a profit on them. Show's how much profit they are making knocking them out at £115. Therefore not such a great deal, it just proves how much of a rip-off they were in the first place.

otter":1tddudif said:
If they're selling them at £30, they must be still making a profit on them. Show's how much profit they are making knocking them out at £115. Therefore not such a great deal, it just proves how much of a rip-off they were in the first place.
I doubt they're making much of a profit if any . It's obviously just to encourage people to open an account. You are only allowed to buy one. Also when I placed my first kitchen order in I got a free Makita drill set.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back