Screw drivers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamgeorge1

Reaction score
Hello.
Please can some one give me some advice on screw drivers. I am a boiler engineer and trying to find some decent insulated screwdriver i have been using britool but they wear out with in a year i know they are life time guarantee but they take a month to replace any idea on a good make and back up. Snap on do a set but they only go to a size 1 2 3 in phillips are these a good size or are they on the small side.

Many Thanks

:)

I'm a big fan of Wera bits in my impact driver. Never tried their VDE insulated screwdrivers, but if they're anything like the impact bits, they'll be awesome.

Britool moved there whole production over to China about 3 years ago. They are monkey metal now.
Track down a Snap-On dealer and they will last you a lifetime.

In my work I have only ever come across a size 4 screw once. So, in answer to your question, you are IMO unlikely to need a larger screwdriver than P3, especially as you are a sparky. P1 is quite small but I would guess quite necessary for your work. P2 is common as muck - standard screw size.

Without wanting to patronise anyone are you aware of the difference between Phillips and Pozi? Not a lot really, but Pozi do seem to grip better. Of course they only grip better on Pozi screws!!

Hope this helps

Neil

Latest posts

Back