Scraper insert

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought one off ebay a while back. It took me a while to fit it so it stayed in place and get it working but on wild grain it's the cat's whiskers (or maybe the dog's b******s).

I had some pieces of Yew about 20cm long that I was trying to surface but kept suffering from tearout with a smoothing plane - the scraper insert did the job without any tearout at all.

I bought one many years ago. Could never get it to work properly and in the end I gave it away. The bloke I gave it to (who is an experienced user of scrapers) couldn't get it to work well either. I now have the Veritas scraper plane and the #80 style scraper which do really work well.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul Chapman":1qk919n0 said:
I bought one many years ago. Could never get it to work properly and in the end I gave it away. The bloke I gave it to (who is an experienced user of scrapers) couldn't get it to work well either. I now have the Veritas scraper plane and the #80 style scraper which do really work well.

Cheers :wink:

Paul
Same here, I tried one of those insert thingies and binned it after a while...NFG - Rob

So thats two to one against then....better save my pennies for a proper one :lol:
Thanks for the replies

Tommo the sawdust maker":20q3b6qr said:
So thats two to one against then....better save my pennies for a proper one :lol:
Thanks for the replies
If you're going to do smaller scale work, the LV No80 is the one to go for IMO first of all, it really is head and shoulders better than the original...and I owned two and could never get them to work properly either - Rob

Back