Ryobi One R18CS 18V Circular saw replacement motor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scifli

Established Member
Reaction score
The motor has packed in on my one and i have seen vidoes sahowing how to replace it but cannot source a suitable replacement motor in UK at a reasonabnle price to make it worthwhile repairing. I think the motor type is RS-775WC-8514 according to one video. Anyone got a source for trhese in UK?

The motor has packed in on my one and i have seen vidoes sahowing how to replace it but cannot source a suitable replacement motor in UK at a reasonabnle price to make it worthwhile repairing. I think the motor type is RS-775WC-8514 according to one video. Anyone got a source for trhese in UK?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254604767437look at the the above

There are several pre owned on various sites and anything from £70 to £140 for brand new . Tbh not sure I’d go to the trouble of sourcing and fitting a new motor . Ryobi are decent tools for light work and occasional heavier work but they don’t seem to be robust enough for heavy , everyday use ..imo of course

There are several pre owned on various sites and anything from £70 to £140 for brand new . Tbh not sure I’d go to the trouble of sourcing and fitting a new motor . Ryobi are decent tools for light work and occasional heavier work but they don’t seem to be robust enough for heavy , everyday use ..imo of course
I bought the Ryobi a few years ago and since it packed up I have bought a Makita plunge saw. I just came across the broken one while clearing out part of shop and though I could fix it up cheaply to use for quick cuts here and there but not worth it at the cost of a motor replacement as i have just discovered.

I bought the Ryobi a few years ago and since it packed up I have bought a Makita plunge saw. I just came across the broken one while clearing out part of shop and though I could fix it up cheaply to use for quick cuts here and there but not worth it at the cost of a motor replacement as i have just discovered.
Yes unfortunately it’s no different to a lot of products that ghe repair cost is outrageous . It’s always nice to repair something and extend its life and keep it from landfill but in reality unless it’s a fuse or switch or other cheap component it’s just not cost effective - think about your central heating boiler -parts can easily cost 2 3 or 4 hundred pounds then add the labour + vat £1.000 in some areas ,, if this happens twice in a year or so that’s the cost of a decent boiler ..🤑🤑🤑

What's does the saw look like? I may have one but it's going to be a while till I can get hold of it. It's a performance power one.

What's does the saw look like? I may have one but it's going to be a while till I can get hold of it. It's a performance power one.
1701197973896.png
This is the one. Its a 165mm blade model. i since bought a 185mm model which still works ok followed by a Makita SP6000 plunge saw so the Ryobi doesnt get much use now. I jusat came across the broken one and thought is may be easily fixable and I could give it to a friend who has just taken up woodworking
1701198020729.png

View attachment 170744 This is the one. Its a 165mm blade model. i since bought a 185mm model which still works ok followed by a Makita SP6000 plunge saw so the Ryobi doesnt get much use now. I jusat came across the broken one and thought is may be easily fixable and I could give it to a friend who has just taken up woodworking
View attachment 170745
Looks much newer tbh.

When I find my one I'll let you know.

Cheers James

Or as you don't need to buy a new motor why not take the old one to bits and see if you can find the fault
I thought of that but have since discovered that the motor is a sealed unit which is destroyed if opened up. Its probably the brushes burnt out and they are not replaceable on that unit anyhow as far as I understand

Back