Scheppach sliding carriage- alternative??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark.R

Established Member
Reaction score
Another tool query I have relates to the sliding carriage for my Scheppach 2500 saw bench. I have one for the machine, its just that I have the Scheppach Spindle moulder, and again will be putting it to a lot of use in the construction of our scratch built kitchen.

I don't want the hastle of taking the track off the saw bench to place on the spindle moulder and vice versa. Ideally, if I could just purchase an additional track for the moulder, my problem would be solved, because I could just use the sliding bed/carriage I have. However, you cannot buy the track alone, so I would have to have another separate sliding carriage as well!

Scheppach`s own sliding carriage is quite expensive, but I note SIP have on for 10 inch saw benches that look exactly like the Scheppach one, with the only difference being the paint and its a lot cheaper at approx £260.00.

Have any of you any knowledge on this issue, or have had to cross this "bridge" yourself, and tried the SIP?

Please let me know,

Many thanks

Mark.r

Mark.R":2s4eoskr said:
Scheppach`s own sliding carriage is quite expensive, but I note SIP have on for 10 inch saw benches that look exactly like the Scheppach one, with the only difference being the paint and its a lot cheaper at approx £260.00.

Do you mean the catalog price or the price direct from NMA (the importer)? I remember someone talking about something similar to (I think) Alan from NMA at a show. He wanted to reuse his sliding table for a router table, sort of "built" into his table saw and needed a second set of brackets etc. NMA seemed to be quite accomodating.

Have you tried them direct?

Adam

Hi Adam;

I havent heard of NMA. I just saw the SIM version on a tool website. Do your know their e-mail address, so that I could have a look at their offer for the sliding carriage?

Thanks

Mark.r

I just supplied one today to a customer who was extending his from 1.4m to 2m

Has he got the 1.4m one spare now? perhaps that would solve mark's desire at a very reasonable price, and your customer would be very impressed at a return of some sort and you make something for your teaboat...just a thought.

Cheers Alan

Thats the daft thing about this. I just want the guide rail, and the small one as its for the Spindle moulder.

Mark.r

Many thanks for those that have responded to my request. It would be great if this customer of Russell would be willing to sell his 1.4m carriage.

Will wait and see. If not, could you ( Russell) please update me on how much a new one would cost, as I did`nt know they could be purchased on their own?

Am keeping my fingers crossed!

Mark.r

The rail for a spindle mouder is the same type as on the sawbenches but is only 1100mm not the 1.4 or 2.00, however the mounting brackets/rails are a different size as the spindle moulder is narrower than a saw bench. I am not going to go into details here but if you ring me on 01484 400488 I will sort out prices etc for what is required.

Latest posts

Back