Scheppach HMS2600ci Belt problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesmerrix

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a problem with the drive belt on my planer.
The belt that takes power from the end of the cutter head and transfers it down to the thicknesser gears seems to be out of alignment, and keeps trying to 'climb' off its lower pulley.
The only thing that prevents the belt from coming off completley is the second belt that is also used to drive the thicknesser gears.
Hopefully the pictures below should illustrate the problem.
I cannot see any adjustments that could be made, but clearly something is not running true. One way that might solve the problem is to remove the nut and washer from the end of the cutter head (which serves as the top pulley) and add another washer to the shaft to keep the belt from moving too much. while this might work, i am reluctant to start messing around with it, as it should be ok on its own.
Has this happened to anyone else here?
does anyone have any ideas.
many thanks
james

Attachments

• photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 51
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 51
HI James
I can see your problem. It looks to me as if the pulley has slipped along the shaft. How is it held on? With a demilune key or just a screw on a flat? I think the washer idea is well worth exploring. The bloke who could certainly help is called Bob 9Fingers. These days I think he confines himself to The a different place rather than UKW. He may be worth hunting down.
HTH
Steve

From what I can see there isn't any adjustment at all.
The pulley is sits on a shouldered shaft with a bolt at the end to secure it.
Nothing has come up on Google so far.
I seem to remember someone on this forum working for scheppach, is that right?

James

Back