Saw doctor local to Bristol?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MG1977

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there, just wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a somewhere to get my DW733 knives sharpened local to Bristol?

Cheers :wink:

There's a place in Ferry Steps Industrial Estate just off Albert Road by the Dogs & Cats home that used to do all my blades when I was in Bristol.

If they are still going, but try them on 0117 977 8808 - Leitz Tooling I think.

This was for circular saw blades though, no idea if they can do what you are after. They were slightly cheaper than what I pay now through N&B in Weston.

Thanks Wuffles, who do you use in Weston? I'm thinking I'll probably end up posting them off if Leitz aren't going any more.

Nuts & Bolts. But they just post them off to someone anyway. I think in future I'll pop up to Leitz and drop them off, the turnaround was quicker.

Are you near Weston?

Well I'm so used to travelling around that I consider Weston to be just down the road from Bristol!! :wink:

Mind you , it was like a second home over the summer as a child. I grew up in Birmingham and by July Weston was like Brum-on-sea :shock:

I just called avon ply and asked where they go and they suggested this place:

Leuco
Unit 11
Bowling Hill Business Park
Quarry Road
Chipping Sodbury
BRISTOL
BS37 6JL

01454 316208

So I have a couple of options now, thanks again

Edited to add:

I've just called Leuco who will do them for me Monday morning while I wait for £6+vat for the pair. Thought I'd share just incase anyone else needs these doing.

I've used Leitz in the past - they were friendly, quick and reasonable.

What makes you think they're not going any more? They're part of a chain and were pretty busy when I last went there, but it was a couple of years ago I think.

Worried now.

E.
(I can get to Albert Road on my pushbike - Chipping Sodbury would be a PITA!)

Don't worry Leitz is still there. But they were about £15 more expensive so I thought I'd try Leuco.

Cheers guys

Thanks for the reassurance!

I have a small printer's guillotine. The knives are only about 2ft long and 4" high (about 14" thick), I get them done at http://www.swemkoknife.com, in Brislington. SWEMCO's web site seems to be down at the moment, but they do twelve foot long knives for the paper and I guess veneer industries, and metal guillotines too, and seeing those sharpened (and handled!) is impressive.

My own guillotine knives travel there and back bolted into wooden keepers - removing and fitting them back again is interesting in quite the wrong way.

Latest posts

Back