sanding belt supplier?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
Anyone have a source for 915 x 100 mm sanding belts?
I need a few and cant buy them here.
They must be in the UK, china delivery is too long.

ebay prices vary for 3 to 40 quid a belt! Cheap is obviously best, but not so cheap that they only last for 30 seconds.

Do you use them? the last two lots I bought got flat as a pancake after only minutes, but sadly I cant remember where I bought them from so I can avoid them.

The price is right and my son has a screwfix account, now I just need a recommendation. Thanks 8)

sunnybob":brqnlrsd said:
Do you use them? the last two lots I bought got flat as a pancake after only minutes, but sadly I cant remember where I bought them from so I can avoid them.

The price is right and my son has a screwfix account, now I just need a recommendation. Thanks 8)

Ah I see. No, I have not used them so I can't give a recommendation.
What I can say, is that I have used the Toolstation cheapy equivalent, and it is rubbish. The grit holds up, but the belts tear very easily.
If you can get them (a big IF), the 3M purple belts are what I heard most recommended

I tried the Screwfix unbranded sanding belts once and they were truly awful, the joint on them was a big lump which made the sander bounce.

Some of the reviews look okay though so might be a bit hit and miss.

Personally I always stick with decent brands like Mirka etc.

Shipping isnt the problem. I am hoping to get my regular august UK visitors this year ( incompetent governments aside).

Personal recommendation is what I'm looking for, I've been bitten the last couple of lots I've bought and the supply chain is too long for that happen again.
I love mirka abranet though, and having now found out they do belts I am pretty sure thats what I shall buy. 8)

I'm trying hard to buy abranet belts from axminster, but for an unknown reason the site keeps shutting down on me (hammer) :roll:

Mirka only advertise 910 x 100 where I need 915 x 100. Bizarre, because axminster sell the same product as 915 :shock: Except they are out of stock (hammer)
I dont think my sander will take the smaller belt, although it sounds like a nominal size, but Mirka only sell 10 at a time, which would be 3 years or more supply for me.
I only want 2 or three each of separate grits.
The search continues......

@sunnybob: I've bought belts (various sizes) from Abtec. Good quality (though not cheap) and no problems shipping to Switzerland.

Recommend - usual disclaimers.

HTH

These prices are ridiculous. I have found everything from £2.50 to £21 a belt W>T>F>? (hammer) (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)
I've been trying to buy the last few abranet belts from axminster. Apparently that size isnt being made any more.?
But twice now their web site has gone down half way through the deal
I'm going to try again, wish me luck.....

Back