sanding a tight corner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which corner, the acute one on the base?

I've stuck a bit of sand paper to a lolly stick before now and used it to get into tight spots. Works pretty well. I expect a better, face palm for me idea will be along soon.

yes. the really, really tight one that I should have known better not to make.

Axbridge? is the salty monk still there?

DOH! I've been away too long. Just realised the salty monk is in sidmouth. Sorry.

sunnybob":19fbrhyg said:
DOH! I've been away too long. Just realised the salty monk is in sidmouth. Sorry.

I was just speaking to him, you mean another one?

I'm talking about the salty monk restaurant / hotel. But i got a bit 'fused cos its been a few years now since i was that way

sunnybob":37qry31t said:
I'm talking about the salty monk restaurant / hotel. But i got a bit 'fused cos its been a few years now since i was that way

I'd just managed to convince a local that was his new nickname.

I use 6mm mdf cut around the size of a lolly stick but cut the sides at an angle so you can get right into the corners
i use spray mount to glue the sandpaper to it and if youve angled the sides you can use both sides
or if you have no mdf or dont like it 6mm birch ply works well and lasts longer

Good suggestions made already. Abranet and ingenuity. I always have some long nailfile strips, but a knife and fine sandpaper can get anywhere.

Lets see the box when it's done please.

Malcolm

Alexam":2mwrr0pa said:
Good suggestions made already. Abranet and ingenuity. I always have some long nailfile strips, but a knife and fine sandpaper can get anywhere.

Lets see the box when it's done please.

Malcolm

I'm just going to call you the 'Abranet Guy' from now on :)

Going to try the hacksaw blade first, but i got too enthusiastic with the bandsaw and its not only a very acute angle, its curved down into it as well.
Another learning curve.

I have used a scraper in tight places to remove finish and clean up surfaces.

Pete

The hacksaw blade worked fine thanks. Surprised I didnt think of that myself.
I have getting old.

Latest posts

Back