Wood torturing in spare time

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baldrick

Reaction score
I’m a computer programmer who enjoys making stuff from wood…

is a useless machine I made for my kids in the hope of getting them interested in programming, electronics and/or woodwork. It didn’t work.

Amongst other things I’ve made a series of bandsaw boxes to make an advent calendar for my wife:
1691445542643.png
and a drawer insert for our wedding cutlery:
1691445607573.jpeg
I started building a TARDISh a while ago (Baldrick's TARDISh build) but am now waiting for the price of birch ply to come down … or think of an alternative (for drawers that’ll be painted anyway).

I’m now building a clothes dryer with my daughter before she goes off to uni in September. Something like this: Google Image Result for http://www.apieceofrainbow.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/star-shaped-clothes-drying-rack-apieceofrainbowblog-16.jpg

I don’t get much time to play but I do like to experiment…

Welcome to a good woodworking forum and community, woodworking and programming is a case of Yin & Yan !

They can both be frustrating and really exercise the grey mater. What is she going to study at uni ?

I blame surface mount devices for the fall in interest in electronics, much harder to work with and more cost . What languages do you program in ? Myself it is embedded C and used to be Delphi & labview amongst others.

She’s going to study Environmental Science.

Right now most of my programming is in golang and some typescript, in the past I’ve used javascript, Java, C, C++. I’ve also messed around with Python & Julia for the odd Advent of Code…

Latest posts

Back