S.L Hardwoods Ltd

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyder553

Reaction score
have you used this company where you happy with service you recived

i am looking at timber from there, delivery have you done this was it good

many thanks

I got a sample of wood from them and they were very helpful about that. Can't comment on larger orders as I've not bought bigger planks.

I've used them quite a bit from a small bit of timber to orders of a couple of thousand pounds at a time, always been helpfull and the timber has been fine. Infact I was there this morning getting some zebrano.

I don't always have things delivered as I'm quite local but when I have there have been no problems though this was with their own lorry, further afield they use couriers.

Jason

@jasonB

did you have to make an account that cost £20 a year i am a little confused

many thanks

I have not ordered from them as the delivery charge of £80 has put me off, I am only in Watford (Herts) and they are in Croydon. In fact I have almost considered hiring a van instead for the day.

No I have not opened an account or joined their woodclub.

£80 croydon to london and back seems fair. Say 3hrs at £20 and £20 derv

Jason

Used them a few times now. Delivery is always good, notification, on time etc.
The only 'gripe' I have would be they never seem to have the right size 'as shown' on the website and I end up having to sort it out over the phone, which kinda defeats the object really; and what's 'in stock' always seems to start off considerably more expensive that what I'd ordered online, haggling and negotiation is needed.

jasonB":1b12vdbx said:

Jason

Erm croydon is in south london last time I looked, traffic can be tricky but 3 hours?

spyder553":15uxf3zq said:
oh ok how did you get the sample i dont want to buy someting not useful

Didn't know they had a club or anything.

No, I saw them on eBay as I was looking at tulipwood but only wanted a small bit. Anyway, I ended up calling them and they sent me an off cut for £5 postage cost. They were fairly helpful.

cheers people when i was looking on their web page it appeared you had to make an account with them which costs £20 a year or so

many thanks for all your input

If you think you are going to be using them a lot or you are going to purchase something where the discount will work out at more than £20 then it may be worth joining the woodclub. If you are just going to use them once for a small purchase then its not worth it.

cutting42":23fynd0u said:
jasonB":23fynd0u said:

Jason

Erm croydon is in south london last time I looked, traffic can be tricky but 3 hours?

I live in Croydon and 1.5 hours to get to Watford is a very reasonable expectation (making a 3 hour round trip). You'll never get out to the M25 and round in that time, which means you have to come through the centre of town, and that'll eat up the time.

Supernova9":2ev1tj9a said:
I live in Croydon and 1.5 hours to get to Watford is a very reasonable expectation (making a 3 hour round trip). You'll never get out to the M25 and round in that time, which means you have to come through the centre of town, and that'll eat up the time.

Fair enough, don't travel down that neck of the woods too often - south of the river eurgh :wink: . Still my point is that 80 quid delivery (no matter how fair) is too much for me and the quantities I am likely to purchase.

Bought some tulipwood from them some time back and they were very good. Getting to them is a pain as they are buried in South London.
I'd go for delivery if you can't get anything nearer.

I have used them and found them very helpful and obliging, one thing that i was disappointed with was the courier they used, they delivered my timber with some very long splits, obviously it had been thrown about, but S L Hardwoods replaced it without any argument and they even let me keep the split timber for free, £100 worth.

I placed an order with them over a week ago now.

I'm new to ordering timber but I haven't heard anything from them. Not even a confirmation email which all seems a bit odd. I'll be contacting them soon.

Anyone know what's considered a normal wait time when buying timber? It's only a small order under 100 pounds.

I am local to SL Hardwoods, and use them all the time; find them friendly and helpful, sometimes their Ply and MDF sheets can work out expensive, compared to the big sheds - and they charge for cutting (B&Q is free) but for me supporting a smaller enterprise and knowing that the quality is good out weighs the savings else where.

Back