S/C Mitre Saw or Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
..tough choice....and I suppose it depends on the room you have. I have had a mitre saw for years, (recently "upgraded" it to a larger diameter). At oe time it was my "main" worktool as I was shed building and needed to cut long lengths at various angles and a table saw would not have been appropriate. However now I am trying to repair my rotten conservatory I could really do with a table saw and planer for chopping "planks" of redwood to size. Problem is I don't really have the room, and a good quality table saw cost a lot more than a good mitre saw, and is not as "portable". So I guess it comes down mainly to what type of work you want to do. If I had the room I would probably get a reasonable quality table saw and a more "middle of the range mitre saw....decisions decisions.....good luck with yours....

(I would also really like a planner thicknesser as well....and also a bigger better quality band saw.....and I could really do with a bigger and better router table....trouble is I would need to move house to fit them all in...and then I would not have the money to pay for them...?)

Tablesaw all the way - as long as it is a half decent one. Which means you won't be spending any less than £300. Make a sledge for cross cuts.

The only issue is safety really. If you haven't used one before, do your research to keep safe.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

Back