Ryobi ETS1525SC Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee J

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying this table saw. Needed one for a few month now but I'm not looking at spending too much cash, doesn't need to be super duper all singing and all dancing, just functional.

I've read a review on this one and it scored really well and at £169 it's priced just right for my £170 budget.

Anyone care to share any info/opinions?

Here's the specs...

- Self aligning rip fence with quick lock handle
- Quick lock system fastens rip fence securely
- Mitre Gauge allows precise angle to be cut quickly & easily for cross cutting
- Extension tables provide large 115 x 725mm working area
- Ergonomic handles improve comfort with a positive grip
- Adjustable 0°-45°bevel settings
- Strong and durable stand with rubber feet to provide full support and stability
- Large Die Cast Aluminium table to give maximum support for cutting

- 1,500 Watt input
- 4,500rpm No load speed
- 254mm Blade size
- 30mm Bore size
- 80mm max depth of cut = 90°
- 55mm max depth of cut = 45°
- 1,110mm x 638 mm Table size
- 350mm Sliding capacity
- 27kg net weight (32kg shipping weight)

Comes supplied with...

- 40 tooth TCT blade
- rip fence
- mitre gauge
- push stick
- wrenches
- 2 year manufacturer's warranty

Pic...

tasaets1525s.jpg

Lee

I had one of these as my first table saw. It's OK-ish. Those extending bits of aluminium for the fence and side table are, well, um, flimsy. I'd be tempted to look out for a decent secondhand saw on eBay.

Roger

chingerspy":24979un6 said:
Hmm I've been looking at this one, if only because I could probably pick it up from round the corner:

http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsess ... +table+saw

Is there much difference do you think apart from the £5?

Its either that or I save for the TS-200 and read Tom's fettling guide :)

Just to say, that looks exactly like this one:

DSC02228.jpg

And I got that one from screwfix for £80 to years ago. And its certaintly not worth £170.

It was between the Ryobi and this Titan job...

Titan SF10N1 254mm Table Saw Multipurpose Table Saw with 3 extension tables, leg stand, adjustable cutting depth and quick-release rip fence.
1500W
Max. Cut Depth 80mm
20-Tooth Blade
Left & Right Extension Tables
Steel Table
Dust Extraction Facility
Parallel Fence
Mitre Guide
SF10N1, 2 x spanners for blade change, 3 x extension tables, rip fence, push stick, 2 x allen keys, mitre gauge, blade.

p3514007_l.jpg

The bottom line on all the cheap saws is that they have brush motors and aluminium tables - they are okay so long as you wear ear defenders, have understanding neighbours, and dont expect too much.

the superior little saws like the axminster ts200 and the kity 419 have cast iron tables and induction motors

at the end of the day only you can decide whether this distinction is worth the extra money (personally I'll be buying a Ts200 - unless i manage to score a bigger saw off ebay)

Thanks Chems, I'll avoid and settle for saving up for a ts-200 from Axi then. Cannot wait till I can get in the garage :) Should be this weekend all going well!

Yes I think thats the right thing to do.

I'm not saying the Titan and clones are terrible or anything but they aren't worth that much money. I gave mine away as I didn't feel it was worth anything second hand and would be nice for a forum member starting out with tablesaws.

I had a go on the one in the shop this morning. seems sturdy enough and the slide out bits are smooth. it's quite heavy. there was a £639 makita at the side of it and apart from the badging i didn't really noticed a great difference in build quality. no doubt there is but as a newbie to all this and as i'm really just starting out i thought the ryobi was good.

£169 for a table saw for a beginner. i bought it.
It has a 2 year warrenty so i'll keep it 2 years and see how much i use it. if i use a table saw a lot i'll look to replace it with a better one.

what i'll do is in a few weeks when i've put it through it's paces, i'll do a review of it on here. from a novices point of view.

despite my post above i may be joining you in that - ive just missed out on a kity 419 on ebay by a fiver (it had been sitting at 150 for ages so i sniped at 225 in the last 5 seconds, and it went for 230 grr), and on reviewing the finances i can't afford an axi ts200 , especially not to butcher it.

given that i have access to the ts200 at work, I think i might just buy a cheap one (even cheaper via ebay) and use that predominantly for ripping down mdf etc, then use the work one if i have to do anything technical ( or i might just say sack it and stick a ts200 on the credit card)

What a difference a day makes eh?

I've spent all day sorting out a loft space in the garage. It didn't make a lot of room yet but all the fishing gear is tucked away.

However, during the build the garage was pretty clear and it soon became apparent that there is no way I'd fit a permanent tablesaw in.

I'm on the lookout for something benchtop now that can be stored away or left on a bench we already have along one wall. Then I can use it in situ for small bits or mount on a workmate, or better a mobile multifunction table for larger pieces.

I'm guessing this means looking into the cheaper market and an aluminium table for weight reduction. I do like Makita stuff as it is usually quality. However I also have some Ryobi gear to tide me over so to speak. Gonna have a look at advantages and disadvantes on some of the benchtop saws.

Check this out for saving space, a table saw like the Titan etc but with out the leg kit installed (basically a benchtop saw) then mounted in a unit. When not in use you put it up on its end and store it away. I thought it was brilliant!

9908.jpg

What a great idea!

First thing that came into my mind:
"Now, to build this project lets go over to the tablesaw" ;)

Lol, love ya Norm! reminds me I have to get a picture of Norm for my workshop.

I've been looking into the weight of these "Bench saws" and the Ryobi is only 17Kg pretty easy to move about! I'm wondering if the saw can be detached from the legs easily though, I think Screwfix have the instructions avaliable.

Well as it was a clone like the Titan, the legs came off that with 4 little screws on each leg. Don't know how anyone makes anything with out a tablesaw!

lol well currently I do it with a circular saw and guide clamps on top of two workmates, before that CS and clamped baton :)

My builder mate who helped with the garage loft area today was a Festool boi... Even let me use his drill/driver on 2 screws when my Makita 18v wimped out ;) But for ripping the 8x4 sheet and a couple of 6x2 to 4x2 the plunge saw was excellent! such a smooth cut. Jelous!

spent an hour setting this up. The building of it was easy enough.

I'll do a product review soon

Any joy on the review Lee?

If not BSM did you pick one up in the end?

It's payday Friday and the garage has a bit of room for a semi-portable tablesaw. No way could I get a TS-200 in there still though even if I saved up for a couple of months.

I'd be interested in things like:

Noise level (I'm end of terrace but would be working in the evenings if not at the weekend)
Max ripping width
Minimum footprint
Max height, i.e. to the top of the guard

I know a lot of this stuff is in the instructions (found on Screwfix) but I would prefer a real life experience/measurements if possible. I would probably be using it just outside the garage so workspace isn't and issue, it's more a problem of storage space.

Cheers

chingerspy":3mvqh2id said:
If not BSM did you pick one up in the end?

no in the end i bought a second hand kity 419 from mr ed for 300 notes - i went back to my original position that cheap = waste of money

in general terms tho if noise is important to you dont get one with a brush motor - induction motors are much quieter

Back