Ryob1 tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themackay

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any users on the forum are having any battery issues with Ryobi one tools I bought some several about 3 years ago I had 2 batteries replaced not long after under warranty but 2 of my batteries dont seem to healthy now.

I use the one system and have to buy new batteries every 2 - 3 years or so.

The newer ones seem a little better but not much.

I just see it as running costs as i use them everday.

Water-Mark":3jq5rowy said:
I use the one system and have to buy new batteries every 2 - 3 years or so.

The newer ones seem a little better but not much.

I just see it as running costs as i use them everday.

Mine are used regularly but not a lot really dissapointing if they only last 2/3 years would have been more cost effective with Makita mabye where do you buy your batteries was looking in B and Q £75 for largest battery best deal seemed buying a drill complete with 2 smaller batteries for £90

I always think cordless tools are priced to make a new set screwdriver set seem a more attractive option than buying replacement batteries.

The last time i bought a drill set as i use the drill as a driver so they don't last much longer.

Recently it looks like a few of my tools are nearing the end of the road and i'll also need at least one new battery so I've been looking into a whole new system.

The dewalt package deals looked good as did a few others but when it came down to it they're all sustantially more than the ryobi (about a third more) and research suggests longevity problems with all of them.

With individual tools and batteries being nearly double ryobi in some cases I've decided to stick with them.

I don't use them enough to justify the expense, the drill is used every day but the others are not even out once a month.

I try to have three batteries on the go and charge one every other day or so.

Last time i bought just a battery it came from ryobi direct though if you know a pensioner b&q on a Wednesday is just as cheap.

B&Q do tend to discount and sell package deals in the run up to Christmas though.

I've got 6 Ryobi batteries and all have been fine except for one which was an oddly sized 1.4ah battery that came with a tool. I recently bought a drill because it came with two 4ah batteries for £150 and I figured a spare drill and another quick charger were worth having. I have the 6 port battery charger that should condition them as well so I'm not sure if that helps look after them. I'm sure a lot of the time mine only get used for a few minutes before being put back on charge as I might only use a drill for a few minutes during a visit to the workshop, but I keep them in the charger, and it doesn't seem to bother them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a new 5ah battery coming out which could be good and a new brushless drill which I'm looking forward to owning!

DiscoStu":305kzuqu said:
There is a new 5ah battery coming out which could be good and a new brushless drill which I'm looking forward to owning!

Hopefully they'll do the pair in a pack.

Do you get more power from higher amp hour batteries? I know they last longer but does the torque or speed of the drill etc actually increase? I only ask as people do seem to rave about the bigger batteries but I actually prefer smaller batteries quite often as they are lighter and often make a tool easier to use.

I have 11x 4.0Ah, 1x 2.5Ah and 1x 1.5Ah and I keep them in a pair of 6 bank One+ battery/conditioners. To date I have not had any issues with them as the conditioners cycle through them once a week and discharge and then recharge them again. I have to try to remember of swap the odd one in/out with one of the others, but it doesn't seem to cause too much of an issue when I forget for a week or so.

I have had some of the batteries for over 3 years without any sign of issues yet, but 8 of the 4.0Ah ones were only purchased from the USA in the last 18 months or so.

Latest posts

Back