Rutlands Headless Pinner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whittler1507

Established Member
Reaction score
Has Anyone bought/used the Pinner and Brad nailer from rutlands?
69 for both seems a bit too good to be true?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

members on here say not to trust rutlands reviews but the same set are on sale on amazon and seem to have mostly very good reviews, im really fussy when it comes to air nailers as mine are used to make a living i dont have time for jams, but for the price and the good reviews id be tempted to give that set a try especially if its not for constant trade use

https://www.amazon.com/Freeman-PPPBRCK- ... it+Freeman

Lonsdale73 when did you get your set? Seems the reviews on Amazon are from 2012 wonder how long you have had yours. Does the Pinner jam much?

whittler1507":2bmavltj said:
Lonsdale73 when did you get your set? Seems the reviews on Amazon are from 2012 wonder how long you have had yours. Does the Pinner jam much?

I've had them eighteen months to two years and not had a single jam. I use the larger of the two most and if I'm honest I don't really know when I should be using which, at the moment it's dictated by whatever length of pin I think I need. I've used them to pin trims and mouldings to edge plywood, mostly pine, some oak and reclaim of dubious and unknown origin. Sometimes find the finer nails go straight through thin material like hardboard but I don't know if that's a case of me mot setting the right pressure or using wrong type or size of pin. Like I said before, I've nothing to compare them with but I've not been disappointed with them.

No probs, thanks for your honest opinion, I've bought the set now so will find out next week. Thanks again
Stu

Let us know how you get on with them. I have a friend looking for both 18g and 21g pinners. Might be ideal for him

@Alexfn So far so good with both of them, have put about 2k pins through both now without a single jam or misfire. You do need to match the psi to the tool but so far so good.

whittler1507":yfyjnthl said:
@Alexfn So far so good with both of them, have put about 2k pins through both now without a single jam or misfire. You do need to match the psi to the tool but so far so good.

great thanks for letting me know!

Back