Rutlands Fox Router Table With Sliding Carriage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Mike.C":lwl45t9t said:
Looks ok for £179 (£60 off). http://www.rutlands.co.uk/cgi-bin/psProdDet.cgi/F60200 It has a cast iron table, sliding carriage, and dust extraction ducting and ports.
The table is also hinged and lifts on gas struts to allow easy fitting of a router.

Has anyone come across it? Didn't Record do a table like this?
Woodcut (RIP) used to I think - I have a vague idea I've read mixed opinions on it in both that and the Record incarnations. I'm sure there'll be a few owners out there with more tangible verdicts. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Solid and heavy, two major problems though, one is the split fences tend not to line up with one another (which isn't very good) and the other is that the sliding table runs between two plastic mouldings, as the table is moved further from the centre position so the motion is easier but the location is worse.
I sent mine back
John

John,
Solid and heavy, two major problems though, one is the split fences tend not to line up with one another (which isn't very good.

And yet the spilt fence is one of their selling points:

Rutlands,

Two independently adjustable fences eliminate the need for shims, with either of the fences having the ability to be offset to give continuous support to the workpiece both before and after it passes the cutter.

John,

I sent mine back

Thanks Alf, John, I won't be buying one then.

Cheers

Mike

I looked at a version some years ago and found that my routers would need an extension to work with it and the clamping system did not give a repeatable location, hold down (or in this case hold up) clamps on baseplate rather than screw location.

Hi Mike,

Some info here - even though you've already written it off.

cheers,

Ike

It sure as hell won't work with an extender - weighs over a 1lb. Not a cutter you want to get any vibration with!

Ike

Latest posts

Back