Rutlands - Desperation or ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graeme

Established Member
Reaction score
The latest offer from Rutlands, I can not believe that they would email this to me, or may be I missed the joke!

25 Note - Xylophone Kit - Free Delivery!

I got the same email . Some years ago I made (or tried to) make a Xylophone with wooden keys and it definitely wasn't tuneful, so if someone wanted a properly tuned one then this is maybe worth looking at - but at £19.95 as an introduction price I can't see many selling at a higher 'normal' price

Rutlands' device isn't a xylophone, despite what their advertisement says.

At best it's a childrens' glockenspiel.

However, whilst checking up I came across this, which is much more appropriate to commercial woodworkers:

Naturally, it uses biscuits* to power it :D

Cheers,

E.

*Rich Tea, I believe.

**I've already got me coat.

Eric The Viking":2ocml41x said:
Naturally, it uses biscuits* to power it.

Don't we all...

As to the rutlands offer, I would hope someone in their buying dept. gets a slap for that one... "You bought how many!!!?

Si

I got the same email too. I suppose that you never know, somebody might like to make their child one...

Running the risk of being the one with his head above the parapet - is this a bad option for a child's glockenspiel?

My wife wants one made for one of our nieces

The bars look better than the option of getting a second hand one off Flea-buy and robbing the bars.

what does everyone know that I am ignorant of (in respect to this project that is)

many thanks Phil

Given that Lee Valley have been stocking the same thing for at least a couple of years, I'd personally doubt the quality of the product is a problem. Other than that, it would seem to be a matter of personal preference whether it's worth the money/you want one on the premises.

Excellent, as it is for a niece it will be my sister's problem!

Just got an E-mail for free shipping and 10% off so here we go!
Thanks for the clarification, Phil

Back