routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my experience the american market power tools by bosch, dewalt, makita etc are off a poorer quality than the european equivalent and i know that dewalt service centers at one time refused to work on american imports, or so i was told. most my power tools are bosch and the one american (made in mexico) drill i have isn't as good as the european (made in switzerland) model

Hi Selly,

I can vouch for the Bosch 1400CE. It is a lovely, lovely bit of kit. Hugely versatile - practically, it covers ALL my freehand routing needs from inlaying, jig dovetailing to kitchen worktops. It is BTW, made in the USA.

I highly recommend it. Don't forget - "buy cheap, buy twice".

regards,

ike

US powertools are made to run in 110V @ 60 HZ, as opposed to 230 V/50 Hz in UK. As understand it, most US powertools will run in a 110 V site transformer but will develop less power because of the frequency difference.

That Bosch router looks a real cracker.

Wonder if SWMBO would notice one slipping in the workshop :-k

Ike - does it really cut worktops ok? On paper it seems a little underpowered, but numbers aren't everything.

Cheers

Karl

Ike - does it really cut worktops ok? On paper it seems a little underpowered, but numbers aren't everything.

Yes, it cuts worktops fine. It has coped with 40mm solid wood tops in 3 passes, oak, birch and walnut so far. Same for chipboard but usual wear on the cutter of course makes it struggle slightly sooner than otherwise a 2000+W router would. I've invested in a CMT replaceable tip cutter that saves quite a bit (effectively a 'cutter' then costs around £2.50).

Ike

Back