Router raiser anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dewalt 625 shouldn't be that difficult to modify to adjust from the top of the table. Mine has a big black bar you turn which is operated from under the table. But thinking about this i can't see it being all that difficult to reverse the operation with a drilled hole in the table top and a bit of machining. I don't know if Mike had covered this as the flicker pictures are missing in action. I might do this for fun some time, if i do i'll take pictures, and offer the parts for cost if anyone else wants to do the same.

A Router Raizer was on my 'must have' list for years until I bought a Triton. Quick changing bits in a minute, easy adjustment - all that I wanted a Raizer for. I may be missing something but I cant think what. That I bought it from B&Q for £89 helped a lot mind. A great table router and back on sale in the UK at D & M I think.
Cheers,
Jim

I`ve been using a car scissor jack as a router raiser along with a height gauge (see pic) for several years and it works absolutely fine
I`ve had to use a tie wrap to keep the `on` button permanently engaged but as the table has it`s own on/off switch it`s not a problem also there is a small `U` shaped block between jack and router as the cooling slots on router would otherwise be covered.
Router.JPG

Chap I know has adapted a scissor jack and says it is SO accurate.

Sorry about that chaps.

This is an unfinished project from this summer.

I am going to use this for some specific guitar work next season...

29122008418.jpg

MORE PICTURES

It worked fine but the biggest problem is the torque and even lift required from both sides.

Most motor lifts work on a chain drive to give equal pressure on both sides. Down...is not a problem it is the UP that presents the problem

I think if it doesn't get finished this Spring...I shall just resort to a manual winder.

Jim

Latest posts

Back