Router raiser anyone?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpooley

Established Member
Reaction score
I want one but cant justify the cost so have been looking into adapting my Bosch gof 1800 or preferably my De-Walt 625 so that they can be "wound up" from above the table.

Has anyone done this? or have any tips for me?

I dont want to use a jack under the router as Nikki has done as I have a curved space under my router for dust extraction which works very well.

thanks

Mike

Buy one, mike. Yes, it's expensive, but it does the job superbly, you'll wonder how you ever managed without, you only have to buy it once and it is so much better than anything you are likely to be able to make out of sealing wax and string.

S

Steve Maskery":1vjhk78p said:
Buy one, mike. Yes, it's expensive, but it does the job superbly, you'll wonder how you ever managed without, you only have to buy it once and it is so much better than anything you are likely to be able to make out of sealing wax and string.

S

Damn! :?

Dare I ask you for a recomendation steve?

Steve Maskery":3pysx2fs said:
mikepooley":3pysx2fs said:
[

Damn! :?

Dare I ask you for a recommendation Steve?

Er, yes, I recommend the Router Raizer!

AH! thats the simpler one of all of them i've seen :D

I assume its the cheapest too :D
I can see it at "woodworkers work shop" but with no price?

thanks Steve

Mike

Steve Maskery":3vut6ecz said:
I've no idea what the price is. I think it was 60-odd quid when I bought mine, but that was some years ago.
S

thanks Steve I will email them - cant understand why they dont put there prices on their site

Mike

I have a Router Raizer as well, and it works well. It was a bit fiddly to fit to my Hitachi M12V, and I had to extend the winder, otherwise it would foul on the fence. I bought mine from Amazon(in the states) when they had a special offer a couple of years ago(and the pound was high against the dollar). I had it shipped to family in the USA and picked it up when I was there on holiday.
But then I'm a real cheapskate!

JohnBrown":2jpdz9e3 said:
I bought mine from Amazon(in the states) when they had a special offer a couple of years ago(and the pound was high against the dollar). I had it shipped to family in the USA and picked it up when I was there on holiday.
But then I'm a real cheapskate!

I'm a bigger cheapskate...........I made my own. Very simple, accurate, cheap, and works like a dream. Remind me and I'll take a photo later if you're interested.

Mike

Am I glad I spotted this thread - I don't visit the jiggy forum that often!

I was just about to order a RoutRLift from Rutlands but following Steve's recommendation will be buying a Router Raizer instead for less than half the price.

If it works OK I'll be getting another two for my planned 3-headed router table!

Thanks Steve.

Brad

Sorry chaps, I'd forgotten all about this.

First is a view from the underside with the table in working position and the router raised to working height.

3542976702_aed92514ce.jpg

The second shows the table in the raised position, with the router and router adjuster in the working position.

3542975026_b90c36e5c6.jpg

The third shows the router adjusting frame swung out of the working position and into its stowed position, ready for the table to be folded away.

3542152701_8bf902bf2b.jpg

The fourth is a close-up of the captive nut and the bent & welded threaded rod from which this is made. The frame is better in steel, but my original model was timber and works perfectly well still (on another table).

3542959822_04f8dc3f23.jpg

Finally, the member that actually pushes on the underside of the router, and the sophisticated retaining arrangements. Springs could be substituted for the cycle inner tube if you wanted to be really flash.

3542170629_608ba8fcf9.jpg

Hope this covers it!

Mike

Thanks for that. I don't have welding facilities myself! One of the great things about the Router Raizer is that you can take the router out of the table and use the Raizer as a conventional fine adjustment.

I have only just noticed this thread..........
I have a router raizor which I do not need / use anymore. It is in an Axminster white brand 1/2 inch router. I still have all the other bits for it. It works well but I have not used it for a year since getting a CMS table. Anyone is welcome to have the whole thing for postage plus a moderate contribution - maybe 25 quid? I will also include the router if anyone wants to make me a reasonable offer
I live near Oxford or can post it / them...
Gasman

Hi

The last time I saw a price for the router raiser is was 69 GBP, this was about 4 years ago. If you were in the market for a router I would suggest the Trend T11 which I believe has the equivalent of a router raiser already installed. It is on offer at D & M at the moment for 229 GBP plus a 1/4'' collet thrown in as well.

Cheers
Con

hi any chance of up loading the pic's again as i would like to see how you did it many thanks

Back