router lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clive griffiths

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a router lift shortly, either the jessem 1500w or jessem 2400w i think the 1500w will be powerful enough as i have a saw spindle but I am not so sure with the 1500 top v the 2400 top. Any thoughts and advice please. Clive.

I'm confused, Clive. Are you asking about a JessEm router lift bundled with a 1500W or 2400W motor?

Hi Mike.
Thank you for the reply , I was looking at the Jessem router lift with the Auk router but the 1500 has a phenolic top and the 2400 has an aluminium top plate.

Just curious how would the phenolic compare with the aluminium ( also the phenolic is not in metric for the cutter adjustment).

Thanks for clarifying. It's easy to help others spend their money, but I think the version of router motor you buy depends on what you plan on milling with the router. I have the Incra metric router lift with the AUKTools MK2 2400W motor in my router table and am very happy with it. So far, it has met every requirement I had short of needing a spindle moulder.

I chose the Incra over the JessEm because I am using the steel MagnaLOCK CleanSweep ring inserts for dust control. The JessEm lift uses the plastic inserts.

i think the 1500w will be powerful enough
You are not giving yourself a future proof setup, in a table you want all the power you can get so I would go for the 2400 with variable speed, larger cutters need a slower speed. I thought the Incra an Jessem were both alloy lifts ????

You are not giving yourself a future proof setup, in a table you want all the power you can get so I would go for the 2400 with variable speed, larger cutters need a slower speed. I thought the Incra an Jessem were both alloy lifts ????
The JessEm lift bundled with the AUKTools 1500W router has a phenolic top plate.

From Wood Workers Workshop:

AUKTools 1500W:
This router is designed specifically for use with router lifts and CNC machines that require a 88.9mm (3.5") - diameter router. AUKTools fixed base router is not to be used freehand.

AUKTools 2400W:
This router is designed specifically for use with router lifts and CNC machines that require a 106mm (4.2") - diameter router. AUKTools fixed base router is not to be used freehand.

The 2400W version goes to 11 and is slightly larger. :)

The Incra Mast-R-Lift II cradle can be configured in six steps to accommodate a wide range of router motors. The default configuration works for the 2400W version, but I would be surprised if it would not accommodate the smaller 1500W version.

I have been looing at the Jessem/Incra/AUK lift packages for when I build my new router table. I have already decided on the 2400w version with remote speed control (for future proofing) and probably the Incra version with MagnaLock inserts. In the description on WW it says "The benefit of this Lift is that you get the sublime engineering of JessEm coupled with the addition of INCRA’s MagnaLOCK Insert Rings and Clean Sweep technology". It appears though that you only get the STD MagnaLOCK inserts which means that you then have to splash out even more money to buy the Clean Sweep ring inserts to enable the clean sweep technology. I have been meaning to give them a ring. Unless anyone knows anything different?
Also, I think all the component parts are interchangeable, therefore I would think you could get the 1500w AUK version with one of the Ali inserts if you really wanted to, may be just a question of giving them a ring.

I have been looing at the Jessem/Incra/AUK lift packages for when I build my new router table. I have already decided on the 2400w version with remote speed control (for future proofing) and probably the Incra version with MagnaLock inserts. In the description on WW it says "The benefit of this Lift is that you get the sublime engineering of JessEm coupled with the addition of INCRA’s MagnaLOCK Insert Rings and Clean Sweep technology". It appears though that you only get the STD MagnaLOCK inserts which means that you then have to splash out even more money to buy the Clean Sweep ring inserts to enable the clean sweep technology. I have been meaning to give them a ring. Unless anyone knows anything different?

The Incra Mast-R-Lift II comes with the standard steel MagnaLOCK rings. The steel CleanSweep MagnaLOCK rings are purchased separately because not everyone uses the CleanSweep options. It would be nice if Incra offered an option for either the standard rings or the CleanSweep rings at the time of purchase, as it does with the metric or imperial versions.

Also, I think all the component parts are interchangeable, therefore I would think you could get the 1500w AUK version with one of the Ali inserts if you really wanted to, may be just a question of giving them a ring.

JessEm makes the Mast-R-Lift II lift for Incra using the steel rings. The MagnaLOCK rings are not compatible with any other lift. The lift bundled with the Wood Workers Workshop AUKTools 1500W router is the JessEm Rout-R-Lift II. As far as I know, none of the components for the Mast-R-Lift II and Rout-R-Lift II are interchangeable.

Yes it would be good if they could offer the choice of which inserts you could have with the package. I am sure they could if they wished to. It is annoying when you have to discard something you don't need and replace @ extra cost with the parts you do want. Especially when they are promoting the Clean Sweep system. It is just a waste. Perhaps they should refer it to their CSR team on grounds of sustainability.

Apologies if I caused any confusion wrt the component compatibility bit. What I meant was that the AUK 1500w fixed base router has the same collar size as the 2400w and fits all the Jessem/Incra lifts. So technically you could build a 1500w package with any of the lifts and select an aluminium table insert. But as has been mentioned the difference between the 1500w and 2400w is circa £35.

It appears though that you only get the STD MagnaLOCK inserts which means that you then have to splash out even more money to buy the Clean Sweep ring inserts to enable the clean sweep technology. I have been meaning to give them a ring.
I would think that @Peter Sefton would soon sort this out, they are really customer focused and always willing to help.

But as has been mentioned the difference between the 1500w and 2400w is circa £35.

The difference in price between the two is about £35, but according to the WWW site, there is also a difference in the collar size, with the 1500W router being smaller.

I would think that @Peter Sefton would soon sort this out, they are really customer focused and always willing to help.

Perhaps, but what would he do with the unwanted solid ring inserts that ship with the Incra Mast-R-Lift II? They can't be used on any other router lift. I still have the unopened package of five rings that came with mine somewhere.

Thats not good on Incra's part, surely much better to sell something with the option if it has one so you buy the lift with solid or vented insert rings. Saying that I use a Jessem lift with the plastic insert rings, look identical to the Kreg ones but they don't interchange.

Our 89mm diameter 1500w AUKTools router is the ideal companion to the JessEm Rout-R-Lift, the lift has a 9.5mm thick phenolic top plate and JessEms Tab Loc red insert rings and comes in at under £500. The is an ideal router and lift for box makers and those using the router for smaller cuts.
JessEm Rout-R-Lift II (Imperial) with AUKTools 1500W Fixed Base Router

The JessEm Mast-R-Lift or Incra Mast-R-Lifts will accommodate the AUKTools 1500w router but I don't remember a customer opting for this configuration. Customers buying these lifts usually opt for the heaver 106mm diameter 2400w AUKTools router, the lift is made to take the extra weight and power this router delivers. The JessEm Mast-R-Lift and 2400w motor cost £714.95 or £809.95 for the remote speed control option.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/j...metric-with-auktools-2400w-fixed-base-router/
https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/j...xed-base-router-remote-speed-control-and-nvr/
The top end option is the Incra Mast-R-Lift with 2400w motor and remote NVR speed control at £859.95. The Clean Sweep insert rings are an optional extra as not all customers buy the Clean Sweep box or need this requirement.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/i...xed-base-router-remote-speed-control-and-nvr/
I am teaching a routing course this week but if you need any additional help Jim in the office should be able to help.

If you are considering a Mast-R-Lift and 2400w AUK router keep and eye on the website or sign up for our newsletter, we will be doing a Flash Sale deal on these combinations in the coming days!

Cheers

Peter

Our 89mm diameter 1500w AUKTools router is the ideal companion to the JessEm Rout-R-Lift, the lift has a 9.5mm thick phenolic top plate and JessEms Tab Loc red insert rings and comes in at under £500. The is an ideal router and lift for box makers and those using the router for smaller cuts.
JessEm Rout-R-Lift II (Imperial) with AUKTools 1500W Fixed Base Router

The JessEm Mast-R-Lift or Incra Mast-R-Lifts will accommodate the AUKTools 1500w router but I don't remember a customer opting for this configuration. Customers buying these lifts usually opt for the heaver 106mm diameter 2400w AUKTools router, the lift is made to take the extra weight and power this router delivers. The JessEm Mast-R-Lift and 2400w motor cost £714.95 or £809.95 for the remote speed control option.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/j...metric-with-auktools-2400w-fixed-base-router/
https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/j...xed-base-router-remote-speed-control-and-nvr/
The top end option is the Incra Mast-R-Lift with 2400w motor and remote NVR speed control at £859.95. The Clean Sweep insert rings are an optional extra as not all customers buy the Clean Sweep box or need this requirement.

https://woodworkersworkshop.co.uk/i...xed-base-router-remote-speed-control-and-nvr/
I am teaching a routing course this week but if you need any additional help Jim in the office should be able to help.

If you are considering a Mast-R-Lift and 2400w AUK router keep and eye on the website or sign up for our newsletter, we will be doing a Flash Sale deal on these combinations in the coming days!

Cheers

Peter
Peter

I have arranged with Jim to visit on Wednesday to look at a Clean Sweep set up with a 2400w and remote speed control. Hope the flash sale doesn't land till I have visited

Looking forward to visiting

Darren

I am looking to purchase a router lift shortly, either the jessem 1500w or jessem 2400w i think the 1500w will be powerful enough as i have a saw spindle but I am not so sure with the 1500 top v the 2400 top. Any thoughts and advice please. Clive.
Clive, I am in a similar stage as you with the router lift. Scouring the market, searching for the package that suits my needs. I have looked everywhere across the "e-globe", from low-budget to premium. I will not make recommendations or suggestions as I consider the final choice to be personal to the individual needs. What I will do is write down my current options, plus the reason I'm not buying yet.

1. Axminster's ujk professional router table + Rutlands' Premium Electronic Router Lift - R20 + JessEm’s Pow-R-Tek SR™ Router (Pre-order)

2. JessEm’s MAST-R-LIFT EXCEL II + any choice of compatible fence [or one of the MAST-R-LIFT EXCEL II bundled packages] + Wixey's Digital Readout (comes as a JessEm accessory) + JessEm’s Pow-R-Tek SR™ Router.

I won't get into details, the internet and forums are flooded with info on most of these. The new JessEm router looks like the router/spindle one would want in the workshop.

But, for those not in a hurry to purchase, I will wait a little more. This year JessEm will launch their new range of products. The related info is scarce, I don't know whether all main products in their range will get the next version. To me, it's worth the wait because if they add new router tables, lifts, etc., it is likely Incra too will bring something new, so are other manufacturers.

I hope this helps, best of luck!

Peter

I have arranged with Jim to visit on Wednesday to look at a Clean Sweep set up with a 2400w and remote speed control. Hope the flash sale doesn't land till I have visited

Looking forward to visiting

Darren

Hi Darren

Hopefully see you tomorrow, don't worry we are still working on the details of the Flash Sale.

Cheers

Peter

Clive, I am in a similar stage as you with the router lift. Scouring the market, searching for the package that suits my needs. I have looked everywhere across the "e-globe", from low-budget to premium. I will not make recommendations or suggestions as I consider the final choice to be personal to the individual needs. What I will do is write down my current options, plus the reason I'm not buying yet.

1. Axminster's ujk professional router table + Rutlands' Premium Electronic Router Lift - R20 + JessEm’s Pow-R-Tek SR™ Router (Pre-order)

2. JessEm’s MAST-R-LIFT EXCEL II + any choice of compatible fence [or one of the MAST-R-LIFT EXCEL II bundled packages] + Wixey's Digital Readout (comes as a JessEm accessory) + JessEm’s Pow-R-Tek SR™ Router.

I won't get into details, the internet and forums are flooded with info on most of these. The new JessEm router looks like the router/spindle one would want in the workshop.

But, for those not in a hurry to purchase, I will wait a little more. This year JessEm will launch their new range of products. The related info is scarce, I don't know whether all main products in their range will get the next version. To me, it's worth the wait because if they add new router tables, lifts, etc., it is likely Incra too will bring something new, so are other manufacturers.

I hope this helps, best of luck!

We are currently stress testing the first 230v JessEm Pow-R-Tek motor, it will be quite a few months until all testing and CE and UK CA approval has been finalised. The UK/EU pricing structure has not yet been agreed but my feeling (guess) is the JessEm motor will be £500 to £600 or possibly more.

@BradyS If you need any assistance choosing your router set up please let us know, we / I have previously tested or have experience with all the products you mention above, they may not be compatible.

Cheers

Peter

Latest posts

Back