router lift

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to all for your advice and looks like the Jessem lift and the 2400 router, will have a look at the sale this week.

Clive.

Last edited:
Or, just buy a secondhand spindle moulder and get a machine that can eat just about any job. There is a nice SCM spindle on eBay at the mo for about the same price……,no contest which is far far superior!

Or, just buy a secondhand spindle moulder and get a machine that can eat just about any job. There is a nice SCM spindle on eBay at the mo for about the same price……,no contest which is far far superior!
I have already got a saw / spindle and had my eye on one of these for a long time , it will free up the saw and spindle and save time for me.

We are currently stress testing the first 230v JessEm Pow-R-Tek motor, it will be quite a few months until all testing and CE and UK CA approval has been finalised. The UK/EU pricing structure has not yet been agreed but my feeling (guess) is the JessEm motor will be £500 to £600 or possibly more.

@BradyS If you need any assistance choosing your router set up please let us know, we / I have previously tested or have experience with all the products you mention above, they may not be compatible.

Cheers

Peter
@Peter Sefton Appreciate that. And will probably take you up on that offer. I too am waiting for the JessEm motor to pass all testing and even see some real feedback from users. I'll be patient as this is a very delicate matter to me. As I previously said, I'm alsocurious to see what new router tables and systems 2023 will bring.

Cheers

I have already got a saw / spindle and had my eye on one of these for a long time , it will free up the saw and spindle and save time for me.
What I was terrible at implying was why not just buy a second spindle, tooling you already have will be compatible? I can’t see how a router table with its limited abilities compared to a spindle speed things up?

Clive, I am in a similar stage as you with the router lift. Scouring the market, searching for the package that suits my needs. I have looked everywhere across the "e-globe", from low-budget to premium. I will not make recommendations or suggestions as I consider the final choice to be personal to the individual needs. What I will do is write down my current options, plus the reason I'm not buying yet.

1. Axminster's ujk professional router table + Rutlands' Premium Electronic Router Lift - R20 + JessEm’s Pow-R-Tek SR™ Router (Pre-order)

2. JessEm’s MAST-R-LIFT EXCEL II + any choice of compatible fence [or one of the MAST-R-LIFT EXCEL II bundled packages] + Wixey's Digital Readout (comes as a JessEm accessory) + JessEm’s Pow-R-Tek SR™ Router.

I won't get into details, the internet and forums are flooded with info on most of these. The new JessEm router looks like the router/spindle one would want in the workshop.

But, for those not in a hurry to purchase, I will wait a little more. This year JessEm will launch their new range of products. The related info is scarce, I don't know whether all main products in their range will get the next version. To me, it's worth the wait because if they add new router tables, lifts, etc., it is likely Incra too will bring something new, so are other manufacturers.

I hope this helps, best of luck!
Hi Brady .
Thank you for all that info as I never knew jessem had a new router coming on the market, I had a browse and time would rule one out, never the less this after- noon I pressed the button and purchased a mast r lift and auk 2400 router in the flash sale and at the prices I am more than happy, also a big thanks to Peter and his team at woodworkers workshop.(also gives me a few more shillings to spend at the woodworkers workshop)
Clive.

Last edited:
What I was terrible at implying was why not just buy a second spindle, tooling you already have will be compatible? I can’t see how a router table with its limited abilities compared to a spindle speed things up?
Hi Deema.
I have also looked at a second spindle but shortage of workspace plus I would need a router to give the higher speeds. if I build a cabinet for the router it will fit fine under one of the workbenches.

Back