Router extension collets:

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of these?

I need to get some more height from a vertical panel raising cutter and it seems to be the only way to go. I'm a bit worried that pushing up the cutter that bit further might start tool chatter or be unsafe.

Axminster do the CMT one at £20 ish. the Trend is about £35 + (.... but Trend advise that max' cutter dia' is 50mm- a bit limiting) There is also an American version which doesn't involve spanners - but locks the cutter in using a grub screw and allen key (I think) available from Rutlands at £50.

I'd be looking at a 1/2" - 1/2" extension, but would also be interested to know if the extended collet takes standard collets - ie: Elu/DeWalt/CMT.

So, any information/experiences good or bad, would be appreciated.

Chris.

Scrums":2u526u7h said:
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of these?

There is also an American version which doesn't involve spanners - but locks the cutter in using a grub screw and allen key (I think) available from Rutlands at £50.

So, any information/experiences good or bad, would be appreciated.

Chris.

The Rutlands one is probably the Xtreme Xtension and is a joy to use, worth every penny.

I've used the CMT one in a router table. Did what I wanted (i.e. gave me the extra height) but have to admit it was still a right **** to change bits. Two spanners, grazed knuckles and lots of swearing!!

But now I'm a Triton owner I dont have that problem 8) 8)

Latest posts

Back