router cutter for handle less kitchen doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do it with a router, I think Titman or Trend do a cutter.

But when I did some years ago this way the router cutter left alot of cleaning up and we went over to using the spindle as Dibs has said because it gave us a cleaner finish.

Tom

Would a 1500w table mounted router be good enough to use with these bits? I have a Festool OF 2200 router but i don't really want to stick that in a table.

I would have thought you'd be fine. Surely with the clip base you can make a table you can fit and remove the OF2200 in seconds? It's a great router by the way.

would have thought you'd be fine. Surely with the clip base you can make a table you can fit and remove the OF2200 in seconds? It's a great router by the way.

It is an awesome router, bit heavy but loads of grunt! I like to have the OF handy to take on site but would like a small table router fixed in the workshop. I could prob make a table for the OF but its having the time to do it, plus setting the fences up.

I was interested to see you wanting to use the moulded handle. I recently revisted a school where we used such handles in about 1965 or there abouts on the advice of the cabinet makers (as they were still known then). The art departemnt drawers were still intact after all that time. They had been badly overpainted and knocked about but after 46 years were still looking OK and working well. If I remember they were edged onto Birch ply which was the economic good quality ply of the time....so a long hard life over the years. Certainly outliived the highly skilled men of their time. Good luck

PS It would have been a spindle moulders they used then.

Back