Router bits on spindle moulder

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powertools

Established Member
Reaction score
Having read the Charnwood thread I notice a member mentions using router bits on a spindle moulder.
I have a spindle moulder with a 20mm shaft is there an adapter that you can purchase to be able to use router bits on it?

They might exist or there may be away of fitting a 30mm one to a 20mm spindle using a sleeve or something, I don't know. This is the charnwood one for a 30mm shaft.

Cyclones.jpg

But you need to be able to get your spindle upto 8500RPM for using router cutters and then only big diameter ones.

Thanks for replies. I see it's possible but I hadn't considered speed and that would be the problem I think.
Back to plan a and build a router table.

I have a shortage of both space and funds to purchase tools (toys) that I don't really need.
My workshop space is dominated by my universal machine and I hoped that by using the spindle with router bits it would save space and cash.

Well this probably isn't the way, but on the upside you can often put a router into a tablesaw side table, or any other worksurface and just clamp the fence on when in use, it doesn't always needs to be a dedicated table.

Some time ago due to lack of space I made a work top that fits over the universal machine when not in use and I use it for marking out and gluing up etc.
My plan is to make another top with the router fitted in it to go on top of the machine and use the fence from the spindle moulder when I want to use the router.

Latest posts

Back