Rough timber for table top?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Wake up and resist.
Reaction score
Doing a clear out. Not my thing - is this stuff worth trying to use or should I just burn it? Seems to be yew or cedar 1 1/2 thick.
Maybe a picturesque table with a a 3 legged saw stool at each end by way of legs, and sell it on Etsy?

IMG_5217.JPG
IMG_5216.JPG
IMG_5215.JPG
IMG_5214.JPG

Not my type of wood to work with but definitely too nice to burn , there are lots of examples like that on eBay etc so sell it , donate it or yeah just use it . 🤗🤗

This might be some kind of guide.Your piece is much nicer and bigger. If I were local to you I'd be shopping at yours. I think its stunning. And 'Flat'!!

As a project, I'd cut it down the middle and face the live edges to one another and pour with resin. Big enough for an 8 seater dining table.

I'd make something with it, but maybe because friends keeping asking for tables made from pieces like that:rolleyes:

Yep, definitely a keeper, but maybe think of something other than a table....
If you ripped it down the centre, turn one piece end for end, youd have the makings of a long feature shelf .... bit of resin to infil the holes?
Plenty of character there

you could try and sell it as a piece if you can't be bothered to make a table out of it, I'm sure with the right buyer that would make a nice live edge table, it's just finding the right buyer.

Back