Rough Justice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he got off very lightly.

if more of this happened our society wouldn't be so messed up.

scum, and he deserved more of a beating

Steve

It turned out he was a bike mechanic who'd been called by someone who had lost the keys to his bike lock. Unfortunately there was two of the same bike when he arrived - he didn't spot the second one so just cracked on with undoing the lock on what he took to be his customer's bike.

Matt, if what you say is true, I'm sorry I made the post. Where on earth did you find out that bit of info or are you playing Devils Advocate.
Cheers,
Jim

matt":3g7xivmt said:
It turned out he was a bike mechanic who'd been called by someone who had lost the keys to his bike lock. Unfortunately there was two of the same bike when he arrived - he didn't spot the second one so just cracked on with undoing the lock on what he took to be his customer's bike.
Is that true?

I would have expected a bit more of a fuss if he were innocent as claimed , body language seems to suggest guilt to me , not being there though hard to judge.

If he was guilty , then it's deserved

Steve

Karl":fxc17m80 said:
Very brave of 3 of them to set about beating up one guy.
very brave of him to go nicking some poor sods bike when he thought no one was looking (if that is the case) it's not like it was a bike-jacking.

Steve

Karl":iz4asjwy said:

Tough s**t. He shouldn't try and nick someone's bike. Or do think that perhaps they should, like upstanding citizens, summons the officers of law enforcement for the alleged bike thief to maybe appear in court or more likely get let off with a slapped wrist? Summary justice works for me.

kityuser":z9i7e1k1 said:
Karl":z9i7e1k1 said:
very brave of him to go nicking some poor sods bike when he thought no one was looking (if that is the case) it's not like it was a bike-jacking.

Steve

yep i agree with you - in the old west horse theft was a capital offence - strikes me that it was probably a lot safer then to leave your horse unattended than it is to leave your bike car etc unattended now

No problem with him getting his comeupance for (allegedly) trying to nick the bike. I was merely pointing out how brave people become when they're in gangs - safety in numbers. I wonder if the bike messenger would have been so brave if he were on his own.

That said it could well be staged because

a) why would you video yourself beating up a theif

b) why would a bike messenger just happen to be carrying a video camera about his person (the quality looks too good for a camera phone)

c) why doesnt he just leg it rather than walking backwards and talking

d) why is the theif wearing a cycling helmet - whhile he is still drilling out the lock ?

e) why is he drilling out the lock anyway - wouldnt bolt croppers on the chain make more sense

and

f) why do they do him hardly any damage - I mean hes "thrown" face first against a wall but doesnt appear to even have superficial grazes after he gets up - they look like little kids scrapping in the play ground - not adults beating up a theif.

Something very suspicious about that whole video. They barely touched him, and all they kept saying was 'steal bikes man..' etc.. I think I would have been livid if I caught someone trying to steal something of mine. They only seemed mildly annoyed, and let him off quite easy..imo

Back