Rotary Multi-Tools (e.g. Dremmel)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fecn

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just worn out my second Dremmel in about as many years - I didn't think I was that hard on it, but it got a fair amoung of use over the weekend as a mini angle grinder.

I've got a drill-press stand for the dremmel, so it would be nice if I could carry on using it with whatever I buy next.

Anyone got any recommendations for something a bit more solidly built and long lasting - perhaps something designed for continuous/industrial use. Perhaps the professional proxxon one?

proxxon are certainly good, and since the demise of minicraft are probably the one to go for, not least cause there is a kind of system involved, and i think they are still made in germany which is always good.

what about one of the drills which come with their own attached flexi shaft?? shesto sell some and their are others known as dentist drills.

paul :wink:

Have a look at the Axminster multi tool, it comes with a flexible drive and has lasted me ages, and been used quite hard. It also comes with a chisel head which works well though the chisels are not really up to much, my son loves using to carve up pieces of MDF.

Chunko.
It is also reasonbaly priced, I think about £60.00 with all the trimmings, I can slso reccomend the diamond tip bits that are available as an accessory, they last ages and work a treat on steel.

engineer one":2shvbx4o said:
proxxon are certainly good, and since the demise of minicraft are probably the one to go for, not least cause there is a kind of system involved, and i think they are still made in germany which is always good.

what about one of the drills which come with their own attached flexi shaft?? shesto sell some and their are others known as dentist drills.

paul :wink:

That's good enough for me... Proxxon one ordered :)

I'm also tempted by the heavy duty axminster unit with the flexible shaft.. but for my current needs/project I definitely need something without.

Cheers, Fecn

Latest posts

Back