rolson magnifying head visor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
you know sometimes when you buy something fairly non descript and it turns out a real help in the workshop well for me this was one of those things

i purchased this a couple of months ago from maplins think it was about 12 pounds

i got it for mainly marking out my clocks i tried a bench mounted lamp magnifyer but it was not usefull enough having only one distance when work was on the bench

i found the visor much more usefull in being less obtrusive it has 6 pairs of eye glasses for marking i use the least powerfull but the others are really strong magnification for detailed work

i have used them for drilling small pilot holes for my clock dials on my pillar drill and are ideal for scrolling too

the light works really well too

IMG_0208 (640x480).jpg
IMG_0209 (640x480).jpg
IMG_0211 (640x480).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0208 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0208 (640x480).jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 3,208
  • IMG_0209 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0209 (640x480).jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 3,208
  • IMG_0211 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_0211 (640x480).jpg
    131 KB · Views: 3,208
My eyes seem to get worse by the week these days, I have often wondered about buying one of these, thanks for the info. The wife says I look like Darth Vader on steroids as it is with masks, glasses over-goggles and ear defenders, one of these would finish the look quite nicely!

That looks to be a very good system Mark . I will keep a look out for one . Are there any ref. numbers that I should look out for .Thanks for showing.

I use a pair of the strongest "reading" glasses the supermarket.

£2.50, job sorted.

Essential when filing DT saw teeth.

BugBear

bugbear":t8b8ard0 said:

£2.50, job sorted.

BugBear

Know how you feel ,I was sharpening a No. 3 ultra reverse F/D yesterday and me eyes got tired ,so could be grabbing at straws here .

boysie39":15f0288u said:
bugbear":15f0288u said:

£2.50, job sorted.

BugBear

Know how you feel ,I was sharpening a No. 3 ultra reverse F/D yesterday and me eyes got tired ,so could be grabbing at straws here .

WOW, i have never tried to sharpen a blade yet, wouldn't know where to start on one, thats too much fiddling for me..

boysie39":akf8brnf said:
Thanks Steve , always helpful as usual , Just been to your F/B love it . Thank you.

Noticed Eugene, thank you very much, hope you looked through all the photo's.

glad you got some webby i like the way you can change the lenses and the light too and you can lift up above your eyes when walking around the weakest lens is great for general purpose machining especially when im drilling small pilot holes on the pillar drill

mark

my eyes are getting worse, I considered yesterday of putting the 'angle poise' lamp and magnifier in the shed, but those goggles look great, I may buy some soon.

Gary

Gary Morris":1g1yk66n said:
my eyes are getting worse, I considered yesterday of putting the 'angle poise' lamp and magnifier in the shed, but those goggles look great, I may buy some soon.

Gary

Gary you wont regret it :D

Dave :O)

I've been convinced too. :) I was considering one of these Rolson ones and wondered if they were any good. I just wish I had looked here before going to York for the afternoon. I could have bought one there instead of waiting for Amazon to deliver. (I know, I'm impatient.) :)

I have discovered that there are Maplins stores over here but the nearest one is 170 mls. round trip. So good old Amazon are sending one from the UK should have it on Tues. Mon. is a holiday . :lol: :lol:

Mine turned up today and I am happy with it, with a couple of reservations. It really needs a headband over the top, in my opinion, although it will be easy enough to make one. If I wear my glasses I need to get too close, but if I use it without glasses, it obviously can't compensate for one eye being much worse than the other. I reckon another lens, probably 1x, would have made it ideal for me. Still, those niggles aside, I reckon it's money well spent, and it will come in handy for use on the mill and lathe too.

Latest posts

Back