roll on tomorrow!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickson71

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

just a quick thanks to all the ratter's out there for the info that they have left on this site

anyhow tomorrow I get my latest purchase ....... a woodrat, plunge bar, some cutter and a nice new DW625 router to go on it
:D

I was leaning toward a router table and a triton router but.....
I think the comment that sold me on the wood rat was something like " you can build a router table with a woodrat but you can't build a woodrat with a router table" ......... can remember who posted that one but they had a point

my other half thinks I'm mad ....... (I personally don't think she's got a leg to stand on .... she bought me a new circular saw so I don't have to take my first one out of the triton compact?)

anyhow enough ranting / gloating ... (that stop next month when the credit card bill hit the mat)

only one problem I'm not allowed to continue woodworking in the living room (still trying to figure out how I managed that) ... so next job is to knock down the old outside toilet and build a small workshop in the back yard..... If I remember I'll try and take pictures and do my first WIP ... my current project is getting close to the finishing and the only picture I took was of the starting timber pile :cry:

thanks again

Ian

Hi Ian

Enjoy the 'rat.

nickson71":3g6qzb32 said:
....only one problem I'm not allowed to continue woodworking in the living room (still trying to figure out how I managed that) ...

Please tell me your secret. All I want to do is double the size of my workshop by knocking through into our garden flat. :whistle:

For some reason the LOML doesn't really like the idea of me having a shower, toilet and a little more space.

Cheers
Neil

ian

Enjoy your 'rat!

Newbie_Neil":2zdk6j5t said:
Hi Ian

For some reason the LOML doesn't really like the idea of me having a shower, toilet and a little more space.

Cheers
Neil

Careful Neil...you might find that she'll think it a good idea for you to LIVE out there if you put in a shower and toilet ! Or perhaps that's the idea :wink: :D

Newbie_Neil":2ze4fqle said:
Please tell me your secret. All I want to do is double the size of my workshop by knocking through into our garden flat. :whistle:

Sheesh, you too? I ask you, what beneficial aspect of such a plan is it that they just don't get? :roll: ](*,)

Ian, welcome to the wonderful world of 'Rat Ownership. You'll get the membership card and free tips book - "101 ways to annoy someone who chose a Leigh jig instead" - in the post shortly. :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi Roger

Roger Sinden":30uoskrv said:
Careful Neil...you might find that she'll think it a good idea for you to LIVE out there if you put in a shower and toilet ! Or perhaps that's the idea :wink: :D

We've had that conversation. :roll:

It seems such a good idea as the shower and toilet are already installed.

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":ljopq0ma said:
Hi Roger

Roger Sinden":ljopq0ma said:

We've had that conversation. :roll:

It seems such a good idea as the shower and toilet are already installed.

Cheers
Neil

Ah, the old "You might as well go and live out there. You seem to spend all your time out there anyway. At least you don't seem to want to spend it in here with me" conversation. :roll:

Of course replying that you'd "Rather be out there than sitting in here watching Eastenders or bloody QVC" doesn't usually go down too well. At which point it's usually a good idea to beat a hasty retreat out to the workshop muttering something about finishing off that salad bowl for her mother.

Back