Robland planer knives

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhwbigley

Established Member
Reaction score
Right, i'm going to need a new pair of knives for my Robland SD 310 planer. they are slotted for the jacking screws.

any idea where i would find a pair?

thanks

John-Henry.

Unless your existing knives are below the minimum size, just drop them into your local sawdoctor and they will grind them for you. Usually a 1 week turn round.

Doug Perry at [email protected] lurks in the otherplace and seems to be able to get hold of knives of any size.
http://www.cutting-solutions.co.uk/

I had some 203 x 20 x 3 ones a week or so ago from him for 4.20 each plus vat & carriage.

Bob

jhwbigley":2odb9kur said:
Right, i'm going to need a new pair of knives for my Robland SD 310 planer. they are slotted for the jacking screws.

any idea where i would find a pair?

thanks

John-Henry.

Are they completely worn out ?. It's much cheaper to have them reground.
But it's good to keep a spare pair. FWIW try and buy some HS M42 ones, they hols an edge much longer and give a better cut.

Thanks Dave, just the job, ordered 8).

9fingers, proshop. I only have the one set, and my saw doctor picks up on a monday, bloody bankholiday. I have had a good look at the knives and they look like to me that they have been diy sharpened, there tapered! :shock:

John-Henry

ondablade":24fji1dt said:
Are you sure there are not three blades? My X-260 had three....

nope, just two, its a startrite robland planer thicknesser

DSC01209.jpg

i had sawrite ring me up this morning, some how i'd managed to order just the one knives :oops:

John-Henry

Back