Riving knife of table saw not lining up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim S

Reaction score
Hey all my name's Jim , I'm 31 years of age and I'm new to these forums.
I did a carpentry and joinery course in college after school but sadly didn't manage to make a career out of it. I recently rediscovered my love of making things out of wood. I got a scrollsaw and made a Liverpool logo wall plaque for my old pa and some quirky wall art for myself. I'd like to expand my wokshop over time and start making myself some furniture.

I bought an Erbauer 250mm table saw (ERB2504SE) but I'm having trouble setting up the riving knife. According to the instructions it should be inline with the blade but mine sits to the right of it. There are some little metal shims to adjust the fit but they would just move it even further to the right. Does anyone know how I'd go about moving it over to the left?

Thanks for reading,
Jim

Welcome to the forum

Any chance of a picture or two of the setup and particularly how the knife is fixed?

Can you move the shims to the other side of the knife, or add new ones of your own?

Thanks guys I snapped a couple of photos earlier on. I'll try and get a clearer picture of the mounting point tomorrow.

The riving knife is attached to a bracket by those two bolts at the back.

This is a view of the bracket from above. The bracket is attached to an arm which goes somewhere behind the saw blade. There's a little bit of play in it and if it was pushed back slightly the riving knife would be in the correct position

Unless I've just done something silly like put the saw blade on wrong? The pictures in the manual are not very forgiving for a beginner!

Latest posts

Back