Rexon Mitre/Chop Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cortinaman1600e

Reaction score
Hello people!
Stumbled across this site while searching for sites relating to Rexon spare parts.
Not had a lot of luck yet, so after reading a few post on here I've decided to "ask people more in the know" than I am.
I've been looking to buy a cheapish Mitre Saw for a while so that I can get on a finish the kitchen for the "other half"
I came across one on EBay, advertised as "Part of Bankrupt Stock", "Spares or Repair". It's a REXON SCM-12A
To cut a long story short..... It looked in good condition and worth a bid. I won it for really silly money, and have now picked it up. It's as described, in excellent condition, other than it wont go. (and the accessories are all missing) After having it checked over, it looks as if the problem with it lays in the "Soft Start" controller, which is in the handle. (It will run ok, if the soft start is by-passed and a 13amp fuse is used instead of the 5amp one fitted in the plug)
I'd like to try and get one. Has anyone got any idea's?
Rexon's website is pretty rubbish.
Has any one on here got one of these, if so I'd gladly pay for a copy of the Manual and/or Spares List.

Have you contacted Rexon? they give an email and a uk phone number.
They should supply a manual which almost certainly will give a parts list.
I'm sure I've read of others getting spares back up from them.

Good luck

Bob

Hello,and welcome to the forum :D

Can't help with the saw :(
But 1600E - well,it just takes me back to my favourite car that I've owned;Mk II,phase 1 Lotus cortina :D (was looking for a Mk II 1600E,couldn't find one,ended up with the Lotus instead - oh,happy days 8) )

Andrew

9fingers...
Many thanks for the suggestion. Might be the way to go about it.

Power Tool...
At the moment I have 2 1600E's, which will eventually become one as I'm going to re-shell my original, and as it happens it is fitted with a Lotus Twin Cam engine. So while I had it on the road I had the best of both worlds.
I also have a Crayford Cabriolet (2 + 2) and a GT Estate, which Ford didn't officially make. Both are pretty rare. Crayford converted about 12 Mk2's into Cabrio's and Ford only did the GT Estate to special order and no records of numbers were kept, but only about 8 are still known of.

Power Tool...
Just as a "bye the bye", I note your from Darlington. I'm originally from The Boro myself.
And how's this for coincidence. The company I work for have been, and still are, working on the new Asda Store in Stockton.

Mt rexxon mitre saw expired a couple of months ago (after probably 5 years of abuse) in that time I found them to be very helpful with spares. Just give them a ring, they'll post the part out to you within a couple of days. (the parts are not overly cheap though).

oh, and welcome to the forum.

Back