My review of Itech Panel Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattp

Reaction score
Hello all,

Earlier this year I came on here asking for advice on which compact panel saw to go for...I was mainly looking at Scm and The new wadkin from AMS

Anyway we took a visit to AMS in leicester and had a look around the panel saws I was nearly sold on one of the options they offered but for some reason decided to come home to think about it.

After some more looking around online that evening I stumbled across Itech from Scot sarg, after closer inspection on one of the machines it looked familiar...yes it's the same machine as the wadkin painted different colour.

Spoke to SS the next day and they were very open about the Itech range, comes from factory in China and they paint it brand it Itech etc and sell on, AMS however were not open about this during our visit and talked as though they was their wadkin machines.

Another thing I couldn't get my head around was the price difference £2000+ separated the exact same machine.

Anyway 6 months later I am absolutely thrilled with my itech panel saw and extractor I cannot recommend them enough for people with lower budgets..our version has a 7.5hp motor and cutting depth of up to 120mm so we toss on a rip saw blade and rip down 3-4inch oak for sills without any issue.

It cuts sheets absolutely spot on aswell.

Very well made piece of kit and good value too compared to competitors.
20221108_094026.jpg

😄 it's all we have room for, 2.8m long table and we can cross cut 1.6m before it bumps into the spindle moulder 🤣

If you moved those deck chair frames on the right of the pic, you'd have room to budge the panel saw over and have a bit more room;)
:p

If you moved those deck chair frames on the right of the pic, you'd have room to budge the panel saw over and have a bit more room;)
:p
Have been tempted to knock down the walled off office toilet and cupboard block but there's so many wires and so much rubbish on the roof of it I can't face it 😂

That does look a great saw (y)

I think AMS are just trying to trade on the back of the Wadkin name.

This Wadkin and iTech also look identical but the Wadkin is £2,700 more :oops:

https://www.advancedmachinery.co.uk/machines/wadkin-bursgreen-bswhd-400r-heavy-duty-ripsaw/3975-923
https://www.scosarg.com/itech-ts-450-heavy-duty-rip-saw-bench
And I much prefer the iTech colours which is obviously very important when choosing a new machine 😂

Just noticed they are not quite the same as the iTech has a 450mm blade but the Wadkin only 400mm so even more of a bargain :unsure:

That does look a great saw (y)

I think AMS are just trying to trade on the back of the Wadkin name.

This Wadkin and iTech also look identical but the Wadkin is £2,700 more :oops:

https://www.advancedmachinery.co.uk/machines/wadkin-bursgreen-bswhd-400r-heavy-duty-ripsaw/3975-923
https://www.scosarg.com/itech-ts-450-heavy-duty-rip-saw-bench
And I much prefer the iTech colours which is obviously very important when choosing a new machine 😂

Just noticed they are not quite the same as the iTech has a 450mm blade but the Wadkin only 400mm so even more of a bargain :unsure:
Yep I don't know how AMS get away with it tbh , there's nothing wrong with the machines but when Itech stuff is the same kit often with upgrades for 1000s less it's abit naughty.

That is one big step up from a tablesaw and a momentous step up from a tracksaw! I gather you are doing this for a living, big investment for a hobby.

You should know a badge makes all the difference, the car industry has been doing it for years.

That is one big step up from a tablesaw and a momentous step up from a tracksaw! I gather you are doing this for a living, big investment for a hobby.

You should know a badge makes all the difference, the car industry has been doing it for years.
Yes I started 12 years ago self employed, was using a track saw up until I got this, alot more furniture work came in couldn't face doing it with track saw so sold my wadkin rip saw and got this in its place - hence the need for the 7.5hp and 120mm cut Depth so I can still rip on it

That's true about the car world I had not thought about it like that.

Back