Chop saw problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooby

Established Member
Reaction score
Bit of a long shot but thought I’d ask anyway.

My site mitre saw started playing up this morning, sounded a bit weird and the blade would stop occasionally. Before it stopped altogether it spat out something black so I’m guessing the belt has snapped as the motor works fine.
Here’s the long shot part, it’s an old elu ps247 (type a2 if that’s important) that I bought circa 1995 so I’ve had my moneys worth out of it but it’d be nice if I could fix it. Has anyone ever changed the belt on one of these? I’m pretty sure dewalt still sells the same model so I assume a belt would be easily sourced. However, looking at an exploded diagram, getting to the belt looks a bit of a faff. So any help for a ham fisted, non mechanically minded oaf would be much appreciated

Last edited:
However, looking at an exploded diagram, getting to the belt looks a bit of a faff. So any help for a ham fisted, non mechanically minded oaf would be much appreciated

If you post a link to the exploded diagram, you increase your chances of someone helping you.

Given that the belt is a service item, it is unlikely they would have started with it and built the rest of the machine around it (unlike modern cars).

That looks like a fun one! With a new belt only being £17 and it being destined for the bin anyhow then not much to loose by starting to take it apart and taking lots of photos on the way.

Back