Requesting advice on laminating

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I started preparing some sycamore yesterday, needing 40 feet of 70mmx12mm stock. at the end of the session I found that I now have over 30 feet of 75mmx25mm rubbish left over in lengths upto 30inches.
Thats what happens when you purchase mail order?

I dont like to throw things away so I am asking if I can use the rubbish for laminating.
I am going to need around 30 feet of 18mmx18mm square timber for exposed framing (internal work) the lengths will be upto 18" (450mm) long and I want to know if its a reel no no to sandwich the sycamore with some brazillian mahogany in equal thicknesses of 6mm. The grains will all run in the same directionas picture below.
laminate1web.jpg

DW":bl1lr1ht said:
I started preparing some sycamore yesterday, needing 40 feet of 70mmx12mm stock. at the end of the session I found that I now have over 30 feet of 75mmx25mm rubbish left over in lengths upto 30inches.
Thats what happens when you purchase mail order?

DW

Looks like you ended up with some useful pieces of wood there, in my wookshop no offcuts are rubbish they all have a use, its just that at the moment that use hasn't been thought of yet.

If its no use to you I'm only up the road and can even collect :lol: :lol:

Waka ,

You can even see daylight between some of the checks.

The cost of fuel would make the journey uneconomic. Thats why I asked the question can I laminate? Take a look at this snap shot.

2005_1023sycamore0002web.jpg

Back