Arrrrrgh, Planer Thicknesser just Blew up....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bid on a few older style ones, but getting outbid, people are paying silly money for these machines, some have been almost as new prices, and I don't think it's worth the risk, as new can get 1, 2 or even 5 year guarantee for only a little more.

I paid what you’re thinking of spending on a Far Eastern machine, on a 12” Dominion planer/thicknesser. Plug it in and go; no drama.

Hello :) Is there any chance, that you have determined any details on that motor? It's almost unbelievable that there's no label on that motor, only the one on the whole device saying only about hte rpm and watts… Maybe you could upload additional pictures from all sides which could help to search and determine its parameters?

Kind regards,
Marcin

Please note this thread is from 2021, @Sachakins has probably fixed it or dumped it by now.
It was irreparably kaput!

Wasn't going to be worth even trying, priced up general replacement motors and not worth the hassle. Stripped out what I could, binned the motor and used the bits in other projects.

The replacement lumberjack I got is fairing well but noisy.

Latest posts

Back