Relaimed wood in Sussex.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oakfield

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a decent supplier of reclaimed wood in East Sussex.

The area that I do a lot of work in (Lewes) has a high demand for rustic, reclaimed furniture and I have a couple of jobs in the pipe line.

I need some old joists and floor boards to build a couple of pieces and am struggling to find anything locally.
I have used Dortons in Burgess hill and had all there decent floorboards last time I was there but they don't seem to have much timber in anymore.

Thanks,
Mark.

The Brighton Wood Recycling Project immediately springs to mind. They have a timber yard of reclaimed wood and even have an online price list. I've never used them as its a bit far from me but they look like they're worth checking out if you're closer. They also have good ethical credentials as a not-for-profit social enterprise so supporting them could even be a selling point :)

PS: Let me know if they're decent if you do go, as I may consider a trip if I have specific requirements somepoint 8)

there's also Aldingbourne wood recycling project if you're out at Fontwell

but i'd phone first to check - they seem limited in what they have

maybe worth a peek if you're passing but not a special journey unless you know they've got what you need

stoatyboy":39nr6dnd said:

maybe worth a peek if you're passing but not a special journey unless you know they've got what you need

Didn't know about this - I'll have to drop in next time I'm on the other side of time.

Misterfish

misterfish":3g1jx7d6 said:
stoatyboy":3g1jx7d6 said:

Didn't know about this - I'll have to drop in next time I'm on the other side of time.

Misterfish

Definitely worth a look. I got some nice dry beech there when I wanted to widen my workbench, and a good cause too.

Jim

Back