Reduce width of this piece of wood - possible??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didnt alter the tone at all. Thickness of paint, types of wood etc altering the tone are myths in most cases. As these instruments are electric the pickups/amp have a lot of say in the tone. I did this with a hand plane for thicknessing the body and a router for the neck pocket depth.

Lee J":2y7rfm71 said:
It didnt alter the tone at all. Thickness of paint, types of wood etc altering the tone are myths in most cases. As these instruments are electric the pickups/amp have a lot of say in the tone. I did this with a hand plane for thicknessing the body and a router for the neck pocket depth.

The only thing that might reasonably affect it is a change in rigidity between the neck and the bridge, ceteris paribus. I would have been surprised if it had.

Setup would make a far far bigger difference. As you say, it doesn't 'speak' naturally, and the rest is down to the electronics. Personally, I liked the EMGs mine had :)

Back