Recycled wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickCheese

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Wood.jpg

At work we had some travellers move onto one of our sites in my area.

Fortunately they only stayed a few days but left behind a load of rubbish, mostly building rubble.

I contacted our facilities manager to get the stuff cleared away, I work for a government department so all this is at the public expense but that's another story!

When I went to look at the rubbish to determine how many skips would be needed i noticed a large piece of dark hardwood that looked like a laboratory bench top about 2000 x 1200 x 50, really heavy, and looks like sapelle. I was hoping it would be mahogany.

So, being a good Civil Servant and not wanting to pay more for the rubbish removal than the tax payer should I took my track saw and cut it into strips that would fit into my car. It now resides in my workshop waiting for a suitable project.

it had already been jointed together and whoever did it had used biscuits so probably not done that long ago.

Probably about £75 - £100 worth of wood.

I do like recycling wood.

Mick

Attachments

• Wood.jpg
    Wood.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 144
Could also perhaps be Iroko. I have some of this stuff which came from a school lab that was being refitted - excellent stuff. What could be better, saving the public purse money and doing yourself a favour!

Jim

Back