Record Power Warning sticker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tibi

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday, after a month of use, I noticed a warning sticker on my Sabre 350 bandsaw.

I am far from a native speaker, but it does not feel right to me. Maybe some medieval English :)

1683705416271.png

Dyslexia maybe- if that was a stamp or a bank note it would probably be worth more than the machine 🤔🤔
I am selling a bandsaw with a misspelled sticker for 8000 GBP :). I think that if it was somewhere in the user guide, it would be OK, but stickers should be double-checked for errors.

The sticker is pointless because the safety switches prevent operation if either the top or bottom doors are open. That is on the BS400 and I cannot imagine Record removing potential safety features as a cost saving on the newer Sabre saws.

The sticker is pointless because the safety switches prevent operation if either the top or bottom doors are open. That is on the BS400 and I cannot imagine Record removing potential safety features as a cost saving on the newer Sabre saws.
Yes, the same is on the Sabre, but when you open the door while the machine is running, it will turn off the power, but the blade can run for 10 more seconds until it stops. It does not have any kind of brake. So a sticker can help,too.

I have the same sticker on my r p 350 but in all honesty a little common sense goes a long way. I’m all for safety and warnings are essential especially where there is any type of hidden danger but the average person will not put any of their body parts into the working parts of a machine. There is of course that small percentage of people that no matter how many warnings /stickers /or safety measures will do the unthinkable.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpeg
    IMG_0802.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I have the same sticker on my r p 350 but in all honesty a little common sense goes a long way. I’m all for safety and warnings are essential especially where there is any type of hidden danger but the average person will not put any of their body parts into the working parts of a machine. There is of course that small percentage of people that no matter how many warnings /stickers /or safety measures will do the unthinkable.
Yes, no one sane would put their fingers into a running machine. But there are few, who would do it and then sue the company that there was no sticker that would warn them not to do it. And it was not self-evident for them. Something like this Liebeck vs. McDonald's

The same logic also applies to the blade tensioning lever, it is just common sense to tension the blade before using the machine and de-tension it once you are finished so you are not leaving the frame under tension, not a problem when they were more substantially built but now built much lighter.

I mind from college the old lecturer said when the blade snaps, and he was talking about the big resaw, to go outside and have a cigarette, and when you come back in, place your hand on the door of the top wheel to feel if its still spinning.
Do not ever open if it is.

Yesterday, after a month of use, I noticed a warning sticker on my Sabre 350 bandsaw.

I am far from a native speaker, but it does not feel right to me. Maybe some medieval English :)

View attachment 158856
Send the whole machine back and demand a new one, that conforms to H&S signage regulations 🤣

Dyslexia maybe- if that was a stamp or a bank note it would probably be worth more than the machine 🤔🤔
ISTR a French pre-euro banknote with a "spelling" error - actually a missing accent in the name of someone pictured. It was in circulation six months before anyone noticed.

Bingymans's sticker doesn't have the "Chinglish" errors, normally those kind of errors are a sign of "knock offs".
I bought the machine from an authorized dealer in the Czech Republic (the only one for the Czech Republic and Slovakia). Hopefully, they are not selling knockoffs. Maybe just the Chinese factory that produces the machines ran out of stickers and did not have a single one left. So they produced one on their own and wrote what they remembered that should be there.

Hopefully, they are not selling knockoffs
I hope so too, for you.
Maybe just the Chinese factory that produces the machines ran out of stickers and did not have a single one left. So they produced one on their own and wrote what they remembered that should be there.
Even if the factory had run out of stickers, they have the printing system in place, the computer graphics files in place, etc.
Even if they changed who they used to print the stickers, the new printers would have all the graphic files on computer passed to them from the manufacturer of the machines.
Official dealers are not always the guarantee of authenticity that one might hope them to be.
I'd want to be talking to the manufacturers head office ( UK ? ). If I were you asking for a written guarantee that ..
1.Your machine is an original
and
2.The head office of the manufacturer (UK ? ) will honour any guarantee issues .

The machine should have one or more serial numbers stamped on it in various places ..Record ( UK ? ) should be able to confirm it's origin and "genuineness" from those..in which case again, get it all confirmed in writing from them, not the local dealer.
CYA as they say.

Last edited:
Legitimate tools will be traceable by the parent company, in this case record power.
If for no other reason than curiosity, I would send the photo, and identifying serial numbers etc to record power and ask them to look into it and validate the saws authenticity.
At least you will be sure of what you have, either legitimate or counterfeit.

Back