Record Power Bandsaw fence moving

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tibi

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I have just purchased and assembled Record Power Sabre 350 band saw. I am very satisfied with the cut quality, speed of cutting, and noise level. However, I have found out that the rip fence moves when I enter the cut (although fully tightened). Many of the contractor's table saws have the same issue, as they are tightened only on one end of the fence. Do you have the same issue with your bandsaw rip fence? Is there any remedy besides clamping the further end to the table saw?

1681453496045.png

I have the same bandsaw as you I am very pleased with it. I must say I have not experienced the issue you describe, my only issue has been that when raising or lowering the blade guard the guides sometimes need readjustment. Its not a big issue, just one of those things.

I have the same bandsaw as you I am very pleased with it. I must say I have not experienced the issue you describe, my only issue has been that when raising or lowering the blade guard the guides sometimes need readjustment. Its not a big issue, just one of those things.
I did not adjust the guides from factory defaults yet, but I will follow this video, as I have read that the advice is excellent

The issue I have is that after I fully tighten the side screw and adjust the cam on the top screw, I can still move the far end of the rip fence a few mm off with a light hand pressure. When I start cutting, the first few cm are drifted off.

I have a modified Record Power BS350S with the Sabre 350 fence and it doesn't move when when I'm ripping. The only problem I had with the fence was the slight movement along the rail when tightening the knuckle, which I fixed.

If you identify where the movement is, it might be easier to help diagnose the issue and offer a suggestion. For example, does the entire fence assembly (aluminum extrusion and the green knuckle) move, or just the extrusion?

I have a modified Record Power BS350S with the Sabre 350 fence and it doesn't move when when I'm ripping. The only problem I had with the fence was the slight movement along the rail when tightening the knuckle, which I fixed.

If you identify where the movement is, it might be easier to help diagnose the issue and offer a suggestion. For example, does the entire fence assembly (aluminum extrusion and the green knuckle) move, or just the extrusion?
Thank you Mike for a reply, only the extrusion moves, so the side knuckle screw with the spring does not fully tighten the assembly. I have recorded a video in the attachment. Maybe I did something wrong during the assembly, but I know that many entry level table saws has this issue and that is why Dewalt DW7492 has a rack and pinion fence that is guided on both near and far end
1681461813860.png

Attachments

• fence.mp4
    21.4 MB
I have the older BS400 and again no fence issues, you need to pinpoint where the movement originates. This fence is now available as an upgrade to people like myself and it is supposed to be a better fence, it's big advantage is that it can be used either side of the blade. Take the fence of and check all the screws are tight and also the ones holding the system to the table.

If you're interested, here's how I fixed the problem I had with the Sabre 350 fence upgrade. It's post #43 in the thread in case the direct link doesn't work.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/thread...-rip-fence-upgrade.104848/page-3#post-1383804
Thank you very much Mike. I will probably not drill holes into the machine until the 5 year warranty expires. But I have already made a dust collection from PVC pipes that is connected to shop vac. Maybe it can be further improved (as I do not know what to expect in terms of cleanliness with bandsaws)

1681464679296.jpeg

I remember that post, I was on the brink of buying the Record fence but changed my mind and brought the Kreg fence instead.

Dust is not a major issue with bandsaws, if you want to see real dust then the planer/thickneseser is the machine you need.

Last edited:
Back