Record power lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks again everyone for all the help. I bought 2x mt1 centres and they fit my machine. I turned a 2x2 into a cylinder and I didn’t kill myself, thanks to the book that someone above linked to me.
unfortunately I read the reply about the thread protector too late😩. I’ll try to remove the piece today

One further piece of advice: the morse tapers should be kept clean & dry.
If your centres are new they will possibly have a protective grease on them which will need cleaning off. I use paraffin. As you have already inserted the drive centre the morse taper bore may also need a thorough cleaning as well.

Here is a thread protector that will fit your lathe Cookie.......

https://toolsandthings.co.uk/produc...BG_e3z0PvNKxbY7phuEOgd6S5PFL2StRoC7akQAvD_BwE

Hello folks, I’m in a similar situation to OP so I hope you don’t mind the slight hijack here. I’m desperately trying to source a Record thread protector as quoted above, but cannot find one anywhere after trawling the internet for hours! (The above link / website does not seem to sell them anymore) so I’m at a bit of a miss as to how to proceed. Any recommendations would be appreciated! 😊 I have a working scroll chuck which I’ve been learning on, is my only option a chuck mounted drive spur for spindle work?

Many thanks

No, you can use an MT drive. That's a common spare, it shouldn't be so hard to obtain. Look at that site again in the new year - sometimes for some reason best know to themselves firms take their listings down when they're closed - it might show up again.

Back