Record BS350 vs BS350S

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooose

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am currently looking at bandsaw options and my feeling is that the Record BS350S would be a good buy. It seems to have a good build quality and features such as cast iron wheels that tend to be found on the better bandsaws. It is also priced about as high as I am able to currently afford

Seeing a few that come up on ebay I noted that the older version (BS350) seems to have been replaced by the BS350S but it is not clear what improvements they made between the two.

Does anything on the BS350S clearly point towards buying this over a well looked after 2nd hand BS350? It would be good to make a saving on the BS350 but not if it means missing out on some great features

Any feedback appretiated!

I’m not familiar with the use of either saws, but have looked at both. Have you considered a secondhand Startrite 301? It’s a proper bandsaw with a really nice table, frame and wheels. They normally sell for c£350 to £500, making it a cheaper option and IMO a far better saw than most of the smaller modern saws.

If you have the room (not much bigger) and are lucky a Startrite 14S5 or 14S1 are superb small proper industrial saws that can genuinely tighten up a 1” blade. They sell for around your budget. They have a micro adjuster for the fence which is superb. Blade change takes less than 30 seconds due to the design. I had one for many years and it was the best saw I’ve ever had.......and I’m including the Felder I have at the moment.

I have been looking at Startrite but have not found one at a reasonable price and close enough for me to collect. One of the reasons that I am leaning towards a new BS350S is that it can be delivered.

However I will keep on looking :)

If youre looking at new mainly because it can be delivered, axminster make 350 sized bandsaws and they have free delivery to the UK.
I'm very happy with my axminster 350N

Latest posts

Back