record bandsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random Orbital Bob":1nitrs8u said:
I saw that, I think the 300 price is really good. I owned one of those 6 years ago and I think I paid that then!

How is it for deep ripping, I'm looking at bandsaws for making my own veneer, this one seems to be a good offer and a quality machine.

Matt

Its not too bad, especially for the cost. It is a little underpowered and generally lacking in weight and "umph".

With a decent quality new blade you would certainly be able to rip through 6" oak if you went steady. I upgraded to the 400 just over a year ago and have never regretted it. The 300 was OK but it just felt a bit of a toy when you wanted to rip green logs for turning blanks. It could handle all the curved work on furniture pieces or tenon cutting and the like. Veneers OK but just not too deep ripping because then you butt up against the lack of power and weight.

If you do wait for the 400 you'd be well advised to get it from one of the roadshow deals RP do. At these shows (which are usually held at distributors premises up and down the country) they always do 2 aspects of special deal:

1) they reduce their promotion price by £100
2) they allow free delivery which is another £100 saving

If you buy it outside of show times both those savings are gone. The show dates are published on the RP website and the funny thing is you don't even need to attend :)

I got mine from a Midlands based reseller called Paskins by phone on the morning of the show and I live a 100 miles away. I think Alexam got his there too.

I would recommend you get the jockey bar wheel kit too (try get them to include that for the £899) as it's indispensable for shifting the thing round the shop easily.

Bob is correct, I bought my BS400 from Paskins as welll as the PT260. They are a real pleasure to deal with and the extra discount when sales are on is great with free delivery.

Alex

phil.p":33mjcfip said:
D&M Tools have on offer the BS300e + stand and wheels for £499.99 +£35 carriage.and the BS350s with wheel kit and three blades for £699 + £35 carriage. I've not checked every price, but it seems good.

A suggestion, if you want to keep your business local, have a look at.

www.machinery4wood.co.uk

They are trying to build up a local business, to rival some of the national companies, their prices are competitive, with very good customer service.

They have a stand at the Royal Cornwall Show this week, with Record products a show prices.

I purchased a Record 350 band saw at the last Record open day held at their premises.

Saw was delivered to my door and carried into my garage,( with no carriage charge).

Chris R.

Disclaimer, I have no connection with Westcountry Machinery 4 Wood, other than a very satisfied customer many times over.

I would have gone to that if I were still in Newquay, but left there 52 years ago. Not enough business in the season to make enough money in the Cafe I started in Fore Street.

Alex

Alex.

In my miss spent youth, the Toddle Inn & the 46 Café, were the places in Fore street to go ?.

That was a long time ago, when you could leave your motorbike with riding kit and crash helmet on the seat, in Fore street car park, go to the pictures or whatever, and it would be there untouched, on your return, happy days.

Take care.

Chris R

Sorry to go off topic.

I think I've been to Newquay about six times in six decades despite living less than 15 miles from it. I could think of many places in the world I'd like to be, but Newquay isn't one of them. Having said that my uncle has lived there for 30yrs, and loves the place.

ChrisR, Used to go the the 46' regularly with Jim Morris there and his son. I started a Cafe a few doors away - The Cottage Cafe. It was originally a cottage and when I left College I started to convert it. I believe it may still be there.

The Toddle Inn rings bells, but can't just place it (old age). Had great fun though, we operned in the season at 8am and closed at 11pm, then cleaned up and often went to a BBQ on one of the beaches. or down the Fly Sellars. Plenty of Scrumpy in those days.

Just had a thought, was the Toddle Inn to the right of the car park, looking towards the bowling green? A right dive that was in our College Days - Cornwall Tech. Trip from Newquay station to Redruth, then the bus. Happy days.

7.55am Thu - Thought again last night, that was the Sailiors Arms I was thinking about. Still cant place the Toddle Inn?

Alex.
Jim Morris & Son, moved to the Coffee Pot Café on Cliff road, which was run for many years before that by Mrs Hawkey.

The Toddle In, was almost directly opposite the 46 Café, sorry I may have caused confusion, Toddle In, was just (In) not (Inn) as in pub, been trying to remember the name of the owner, but too long in the past for the old brain to remember. :?

I do remember the cottage café, not sure if it is still there, not been to that part of town for many years, in fact not been to any part of town, it is now a very scary unpleasant place, especially at night.

I also took the train to Cornwall Tec, which ran from Newquay to Chasewater, change at Chasewater for main line train to Redruth, but I joined the train at Shepherds Station, as I lived at St. Newlyn East.
Then I got my first motorbike.

Take care.

Chris R.
We are going to be rapped over the knuckles for going off topic, apologies to OP, did not intend to hijack your topic.

Alexam":3a096iy2 said:
Moved to PM .. sorry Moderators, getting carried away.

Yes....[finger wagging], very naughty Malcolm. Now let me tell you about the time we went on a 36 hour car journey as a family to Switzerland when I was 4......honestly it was fascinating......:)

ChrisR":2clcb6lp said:
A suggestion, if you want to keep your business local, have a look at.
http://www.machinery4wood.co.uk
They are trying to build up a local business, to rival some of the national companies, their prices are competitive, with very good customer service.

Chris R.
Disclaimer, I have no connection with Westcountry Machinery 4 Wood, other than a very satisfied customer many times over.

''''
I deleted my comments regarding Machinery4Wood
They are young company and they should have next chance.
If somebody wants to get some feedback - please contact on priv

I got my BS400 from Machinery4wood The reality is it comes direct from Chesterfield so for me they offered the best price and were very happy for the custom even if I live in the Midlands

Back